Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GUN GRAB IN FULL SWING, DUTCHESS MAN ARRESTED FOR HAVING 9 BULLETS | New York State Senate

Gregory D Dean Jr., 31, of Hopewell Junction, was pulled over on Sunday evening in New Lebanon because the vehicle’s license-plate lamp was not working. Troopers found Dean with a legally registered pistol with a magazine that contained nine bullets, two more than the recently passed “SAFE Act” allows. Police charged Dean with unlawful possession of certain ammunition feeding devices, third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation and other vehicle infractions.

Congratulations New York for making criminals out of law abiding people. :aargh4:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
New York is pretty much not America anymore. It's disgusting that such people have been permitted to seize control of that state.
I couldn't agree with you more. NY is not representative of America, it has been taken over by Marxist leftist commies led by mayor stooge burg. I think the good people of NY may have a few surprises for these democrackheads in the up coming elections now that they can see how these tyrants are going to rule with their boot heel on their throats.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Not meaning to kick people in NY, but...

these Brown-shirted liberal anti-gun politicians were elected by the people of NY...

Unfortuntately, we have much the same from the duly-elected Moron we call the President. The people of NY can move to another city to get out from under Blooming-idiot-berg...what do we do as citizens of the USA under O'bama? Move to Australia? I think they already have restrictive gun laws!

Will someone please get their Governor to secede? I'll have my bags packed!

·
Registered
155 Posts
this is just another reason im glad to live in Missouri, sure jay Nixon is a asshat, but at least hes not openly and actively opressing his state. my brother lives in the northeast and we(me and my family) were planning on vacationing up there cause ive been wanting to see the 9/11 memorial, but boy am I glad that fell through!

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
How the heck do you not drop your mag and push out two rounds as soon as you see the lights?! I mean, I can drop my mag without even unholstering.

Well it's lousy situation in NY. But to your point, I don't want to be fiddlin' with a gun when Mr. Policeman shines his light in my window. Yeah, you can do it quick, but the guy in blue may be quick too.

That being said, I hope this guy challenges the constitutionality of the law. This would be an interesting case for the determining the constitutional contours of handgun restrictions.

Let's hope Mr. Dean is not made a criminal.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think the law is stupid and ill advised, but it is duly passed pending a determination of its Constitutionality. In that regard, I think it will get a pass based on what we see in other states with magazine restrictions.

I feel for the guy, but he had to know he was taking a risk. Was he lazy, uninformed, looking to make a statement, or just willing to take the risk?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I could have the mag out, extra rounds dropped, and back in before my car even came to a stop. Just saying. But who knows how this guy was carrying.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Those last 2 rounds in his magazine must be some of that "Gun Violence" I've been reading so much about. I'm glad they stopped it before more innocent people got hurt {sarcasm off}.

·
Super Moderator
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Magazine limitations are stupid.

They are passed by stupid politicians and they are applauded by stupid people.

It just goes to prove that some laws are stupid and they, along with the people that got them passed, should be tossed out.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I left new york when I was 18 and will never move back. Ill live in my car before i do.

Reactions: The Old Anglo
1 - 20 of 95 Posts