Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Curious how many folks stash a gun in their car? (Other than your carry gun). I keep a Sig P225A1 out of sight but accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I don't leave anything in the truck, but if we're going far from home I'll bring extra hardware with us.
I do have a gunvault securely fastened for those times I have to secure my carry firearm at places where I can't carry, but that's only short-term storage.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
When I travel I have an extra firearm in the vehicle. The vehicle is never left unattended because our dogs travel with us.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I have in the past, but it wasn't something as nice as a 225. A cheap, old police trade S&W would be better IMO.

Reactions: ca survivor

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
No one in my family ever does. I have been known to carry artillery in a tennis racquet bag when we have to travel through dangerous neighborhoods.

Reactions: redmc

·
Registered
44 Posts
When traveling either my 870 Police Special or 1100 Police Special and a HK P30 in a locked and cable secured Pelican case under the rear seat Duluth dog cover of my extended cab pickup. I also regularly have a P30 SK in my Vertex Pack/laptop bag. I am also looking into a Shockwave or similar to replace the full size shotgun.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting how much concern regarding ones care getting broken into. I agree that if valuables are in sight that increase the chance but in 44 years of driving I have never had a break in.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Always have a truck gun. But I am away from home about 300 days a year with my truck. It's my transportation, office, and home away from home. Large pelican case is bolted under the backseat for gun storage. Fort Knox safe bolted down under the passenger side back seat as well for cash or other valuables. Never leave a gun in the truck unsecured as they are easy targets for theft. They go inside the hotel with me at night.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Lots of choices for a truck/car gun. I view my vehicle like I do my home; I may use a handgun to fight my way back to a long gun in the truck. An 18 inch shotgun or carbine are good choices. Even something like the Keltec Sub 2000 would be a nice addition. A good old fashioned short barreled lever gun would make sense too.

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
I never kept a gun in the car due to theft concern. However, for the last few months, I have a single shot NEF 12 gauge that I had shortened to 18.5 inches in the underfloor compartment in my wife's SUV. The butt cuff has 10 Aguila Mini-buck shells in it. As the gun is unloaded, it should be legal just about everywhere. Since it is a single shot, I'm less concerned with it getting stolen and used to cause mayhem. For self defense at the side of the road...it will do nicely.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I don't leave anything in the truck, but if we're going far from home I'll bring extra hardware with us.
I do have a gunvault securely fastened for those times I have to secure my carry firearm at places where I can't carry, but that's only short-term storage.
+1. Safe locked down for temporary use only.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Interesting how much concern regarding ones care getting broken into. I agree that if valuables are in sight that increase the chance but in 44 years of driving I have never had a break in.

May that continue to be your good fortune.
My experience three years ago was different. I never leave anything visible in the car. Not even pocket change. This, however did not deter someone from popping the passenger side lock and rummaging around the inside. They accessed the trunk from the flip down rear seat and snagged my emergency response gear/get home bag. Never kept a gun in the car for that very reason.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Why would you keep an expensive gun with very low capacity in your car? May as well go full-midsize with double stack. Get a used Glock 19/17...

·
Premium Member
36,725 Posts

Knock on wood...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I always have a gun in my car (unless I go to Mass). It's on my hip or in my pocket.

Reactions: scottync and drift
1 - 20 of 70 Posts