Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow California residents,

I am having some difficulty in locating a resource for CA gun laws and statutes online. Specifically, I am trying to get some clarity on the whole "carrying in an establishment that sells alcohol" law. Is this any restaurant that sells booze like a steakhouse or is it in regards to a bar/liquor store only? If you know the answer and care to respond then great! If not, then please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance to all replies!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have read all those issues in the PDF file, however, I'm still not sure about one small issue. LAX. At one time I believed that Pres. Bush signed legislation that allowed peace officer to carry on flights. However, I certainly don't want to go to LAX and try to carry on a flight just to test it. Strange that I can drive across the USA and conceal carry, but I can't fly over it. Bummer.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
No, you can't carry on board an airline. Just check it in a locked case inside your tsa locked suitcase. Make sure you declare it when checking your luggage.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
I have read all those issues in the PDF file, however, I'm still not sure about one small issue. LAX. At one time I believed that Pres. Bush signed legislation that allowed peace officer to carry on flights. However, I certainly don't want to go to LAX and try to carry on a flight just to test it. Strange that I can drive across the USA and conceal carry, but I can't fly over it. Bummer.
Are you a LEO?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Comment

I fled Californistan about a year ago but prior to leaving my understanding was that if less than 50% of the location was devoted to sale and consumption then you were good. I never was worried about an applebees, outback, etc. as the restaurant was much larger than the bar. However going into a sports bar that also serves food is a bad idea. I also never worried about a stop n go or a 7-11.
I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts