Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of you have seen this but I am cleaning out some of my videos today and thought I would post this for those of you that haven't seen it. :smile: Gun myths

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have not seen that one, Thanks. Knowing that the people walking down the street next to me may be legally armed makes me feel safer not scared and i look forward to being one of them hopefully within the next week.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Actually Randy - tho it was one I'd seen - it was well worth a rerun - and far as I am concerned it shows some inescapable logic.

But then we utilize logic instead of gut emotion.

Al Sharpton - ''state of terror'' - yeah right :rolleyes: - ''rivers of blood too huh?"

Be good to have more of this sort of exposure anytime - get some sense into some heads - just perhaps.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it would be a good reference even though I had seen it a number of times before. It might also be useful to send the link to those that just don't understand why they might need a gun....

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Euclidean said:
How did anything that level headed and factual get on a TV news show?
I echo your comment Euc.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Yeah, see it's not really a "pro gun" piece at all! It's just a direct side to side comparison.

Here we see what the Brady Bunch has to say.

But here is what the data we have tells us and it doesn't agree with the Brady Bunch. In fact it seems to contradict them.

That's the whole thing in a nutshell. Nowhere in the piece do they say who is right or wrong, nowhere do they say you should or should not have a gun. They just show what some people say and what some people experienced. It's all factual.

Of course the right side wins when you compare it logically like that, but I didn't see that as the intention of the reporter. He's just saying "Look people what you're being told doesn't add up..."

Like I said it blows my mind. It's a neutral segment based on facts. I reitireate, how did this ever get on television?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I love that piece, I wonder if it actually echoes the reporters feelings or not. If so, he would be a great spokesman for a gun rights organization.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Well that's just it. I don't think he makes them look good at all. I think he just shows a bunch of objective facts. So and so said this, this law is in effect, this happened, etc. It lacks propaganda style elements, such as appeals to emotion.

·
Registered
835 Posts
ABCNews 'fair and balanced'? You gotta be kidding me.

This one balanced, not really pro, report on defensive gun use hardly counters the hundreds of anti freedom position pieces they air anually.

Not a bad report, but it hardly makes up for the damage they've done. I won't be watching ABC News any time soon.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Awesome, I can't believe I missed that one. Moreover, the BG said that he is more afraid of running up on an armed citizen than the police. Once again great article. :congrats:

·
Registered
574 Posts
cmidkiff said:
ABCNews 'fair and balanced'? You gotta be kidding me.

This one balanced, not really pro, report on defensive gun use hardly counters the hundreds of anti freedom position pieces they air anually.

Not a bad report, but it hardly makes up for the damage they've done. I won't be watching ABC News any time soon.
I don't believe I said ABC News was fair and balanced. I said something favorable about John Stossel, who does have a record of being PRO-2nd Amendment. IN SPITE of ABCNews. :image035:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts