Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that wondered just exactly what they missed on the "Gun Nut"test and are laying awake at night and thinking about where you went wrong, worry no more.....your sleepless nights can cease...

In the interest of educating "gun nuts" and bringing them to a higher level, here are the correct answers.:image035:
The Gun Nut Test

1. We'll start off easy. What caliber of bullet does the M-16 fire?

7.5x55mm *Swiss K-31
5.56x45mm * AKA...223.
7.62x51mm * .308

2. What caliber of bullet does the AK-47 fire?

5.45x39mm *The Soviet answer to our .223
7.62x51mm *AKA .308
7.62x39mm * same as the SKS

3. Which of these guns is chambered for the 9mm Luger cartridge?

M1 Carbine *.30 caliber
Makarov *9 MM Markarov
Uzi *9 MM

4. Which of these guns has the longest effective range?

M-16
FN-FAL * the key is "effective range". That being the .308
AK-47

5. Is the .40 caliber round more or less effective than the 9mm Luger for self-defense?

More * approximates the energy levels of the .45 ACP.
Less
About the same

6. Which country originally produced the CETME rifle?

Spain * Spain,later copied and improved by German engineers.
Germany
Great Britain

7. Can a .38 Special bullet be fired through a revolver chambered for .
.357 Magnum?

Yes * sure it can but not the other way around
No

8. What is the method of operation for the K-31 Schmidt-Rubin carbine?

Semi-automatic
Bolt-action * AKA "straight pull"bolt action. Known to be very accurate
Single-shot

9. How does the reloading mechanism in the M-16 function?

Gas blow-back * typically only used on low powered cartridges
Gas piston rod * made famous by the AK-47
Gas tube * M-16 and Ar-15

10. Which of these shotgun gauges is the biggest?

410 bore * smallest
20 gauge * small
28 gauge * smaller

11. Which of these shotgun pellet sizes is the largest?

#16 * no such thing
#4 * could be No.4 Common shot or No.4 Buckshot
#000 * .36 caliber pellets

12. Which of these .22 caliber rifles has the highest magazine capacity RIGHT out of the box?

Ruger 10/22 *comes with 10 round mag
Marlin 60 * typical models have a 15 shot mag tube
Savage MKII

13. Which of these Russian Mosin-Nagant rifles has a permanently attached folding bayonet?

1891/30 *attachable spike bayonet
M44 *folding spike bayonet attached to barrel
M38 * attachable spike bayonet

14. What caliber was the Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk.1 originally chambered for?

.30-06
.303 * the old British Warhorse

How many different individual parts are contained in a stock Glock?

34 * still not many parts for a pistol

16. How many rounds are contained in the M1 Garand clip?

8 * 8 round "clips" that inserted into the magazine

17. What caliber is the Colt Python chambered for?

.357 Magnum * only chambered in .357
.44 Magnum
9mm Parabellum
.45 ACP

18. How many states allow citizens to carry concealed handguns without needing a license?

2 * Alaska and Vermont

19. What caliber was the famous Desert Eagle originally chambered for when it was first produced?

.44 Magnum
.357 Magnum * the .44 magnum came later
.50 AE

20. When firing the British SA80 rifle, what is the most important thing to remember?

Aim high, the rifle's design makes it muzzle-light.

Only fire it right-handed, or the cocking handle will break your cheekbone. * the Bullpup design makes it very dfficult to fire off the left shoulder as it bounced brass off of your face.

The foregrip must be squeezed tightly before the gun will fire.

21. Which of these handguns may be carried through a metal detector without triggering the alarm?

Springfield XD
Glock 21
Kel-Tech P32
None of the above. * All handguns are manufactured to meet certain criteria. One of the criteria is that it must be dectectable in a standard metal detector.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Thx HG - I am darned sure I got two right I was unsure of, at least - I got Glock parts # wrong, knew that - and yet score came out only 82%.

Oh well - maybe they saw my socks and sandals! :18:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Yep right on the answers i know i missed that dang 40 cal question the cetme was easy got one in safe as was k-31 for same reason

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Questionable math and scoring. I missed 4. The score assigned was 65%. However getting 17 out of 21 right gives a score of 80.95. There were some scores reported that are impossible to achive. Did a little math and discovered the following.

20 of 21 is 95.24%
19 of 21 = 90.48%
18 of 21 = 85.71%
17 of 21 = 80.95%
16 of 21 = 76.19%
15 of 21 = 71.43%
14 of 21 = 66.67%
13 of 21 = 61.9%
12 of 21 = 57.14%
11 of 21 = 52.38%
10 of 21 = 47.62%

Chris there is no way to round any score to get 82% which you reported as your score. Nor is there anyway to round to get the 65% that was given as my score. RSSZ's wife got 81% which is a real score which is accomplished by getting 17 right. How many do you have to get to get 82%? Lots of people reported scoring 75%. So how many right answers out of 21 does it require to get 75%? I think the test just assigns a score sort of close to what you should have. Although I don't understand a 65 when I missed 4 questions.:confused:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I was too lazy to do the math George but yeah - something seemed a bit odd. I am thinking my score should have been based on at worst 18/21 so that would have been 86% (rounding up). I still reckon I got 19/21 in fact.

Seems very arbitrary - maybe the math coding within that test was very iffy - sure was not reflecting true percentile results it seems. Oh well - all supposed to be in fun I guess and - my guns go bang when I pull the trigger, that's way more important :18:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hey guys didn't Colt chamber the Python for 38 in a target model?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I missed 19 and 20. Oh well. Two weapons I'm not all that familiar with. SA80 just because I've only seen them on TV and the Desert Eagle because I don't give a crap about the Desert Eagle. If I want a magnum I'll get a Smith or a Ruger.

·
Registered
516 Posts
All I got wrong was the .40 one (and I'll be honest and say I guessed on the Glock part count question) ... and that question has been argued hundreds of times on the net.

I said "about the same" because the track record of both 9mm and .40 is actually about the same (keep in mind that there's almost a century of data on the 9x19).

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
This test was rigged lol

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
dr_cmg said:
Questionable math and scoring. I missed 4. The score assigned was 65%. However getting 17 out of 21 right gives a score of 80.95. There were some scores reported that are impossible to achive. Did a little math and discovered the following.

20 of 21 is 95.24%
19 of 21 = 90.48%
18 of 21 = 85.71%
17 of 21 = 80.95%
16 of 21 = 76.19%
15 of 21 = 71.43%
14 of 21 = 66.67%
13 of 21 = 61.9%
12 of 21 = 57.14%
11 of 21 = 52.38%
10 of 21 = 47.62%

Chris there is no way to round any score to get 82% which you reported as your score. Nor is there anyway to round to get the 65% that was given as my score. RSSZ's wife got 81% which is a real score which is accomplished by getting 17 right. How many do you have to get to get 82%? Lots of people reported scoring 75%. So how many right answers out of 21 does it require to get 75%? I think the test just assigns a score sort of close to what you should have. Although I don't understand a 65 when I missed 4 questions.:confused:

They might have made some questions worth more than others, Easy worth less
Hard worth more.

Just a thought.

I got a 75, same as a couple of others.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
93% again. I still dont know if Im a gun nut or just a nut with a gun. Oh well have a great day everybody. Sixgun

·
Super Moderator
22,007 Posts
Gunnutty said:
Hey guys didn't Colt chamber the Python for 38 in a target model?
Yes they did, and even scarcer was the .41 mag.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Bogus test scores!!!!:hand1:

I knew I possessed a much greater, superior intellectual capacity regarding the art of weaponary when I undertook the test!! :image035:

Mensa here I come......:blink:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
4my son said:
They might have made some questions worth more than others, Easy worth less
Hard worth more.

Just a thought.

I got a 75, same as a couple of others.
They could have done that, but could they then provide a score that is expressed as a percentage of right answers. The score page indicates that you scored 75%. If the answers are weighted then you would have a numerical score not a percentage score. The score would have been expressed as a number like 75 points. The score derived by adding up all the values of the right answers you gave or by subtracting the value of the answers you missed from 100. Either way to give a score that is expressed in percentage and not explain that there are variable worths to the questions is misleading at the least.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I got a very low score :rolleyes:
i do not know a thing about various foreign made military rifles. and who knew glocks had so many parts?- they look like one big part!
why don't they ask questions about 19th century English shotguns?? Now that I know something about. What sort of action in a Dickson, and what is its continental designation? What are detonators? Why do LC Smith collectors buy a curious looking hand tool? Who made the aluminum cased 14 gauge shotshells, and what gun are they made for? But no, they didnt ask any of that sort of thing.
Yuck.
God Bless

1 - 18 of 18 Posts