Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have been checking armslist.com for ammo. I can usually find .40 S&W at wally world but I always have an eye out for a "good deal". I have seen some things today that make me sick! For instance: 50 rounds of .45acp for $75, 50 rounds of .40 S&W for $35, 200 rounds of .40S&W for $140, 300 rounds of 9mm for Tulammo for $150, and even 50 rounds of federal 9mm for $50 per 50!

Has the world come to this? Gun owners lucky enough to score some ammo turn around and double and triple the prices on others. It enrages me to no end.

Reactions: ironmike86

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just the other day I stopped by a local po-dung surplus store and they had FMJ .38 for $1.00 a round. The dude told me that was the going price these days... I told him he jacking people. Try selwayarmory.com. They have good deals when you can get anything like ugly ammo. 250 rds for 75 bucks for a .40

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's what a bunch of people are doing down here...they go to academy and snatch up what they can, then sell it at 150% mark up...if they get a box of hydra shoks at 30$ per box...they're selling it for 60-90 if they can...

Its pathetic...but. it is the way much of society works. Supply and demand...I still think its wrong.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what a bunch of people are doing down here...they go to academy and snatch up what they can, then sell it at 150% mark up...if they get a box of hydra shoks at 30$ per box...they're selling it for 60-90 if they can...

Its pathetic...but. it is the way much of society works. Supply and demand...I still think its wrong.
I too champion the free market, but I wish people would quit BUYING at these inflated prices so they would come down. Bullets feel like gas. When Katrina hit it jumped from $1.80 to $2.99 and never really came down.

I almost feel like agreeing to meet one of these idiots to buy the ammo and give em a piece of my mind.

·
Registered
322 Posts
It is getting kind of pathetic! On my local at armslist there was a guy who wanted $1500.00 for 1k rounds of 5.56

·
Banned
192 Posts
Price gouging seems to be happening everywhere.We were going to shoot rifles some this weekend.I went to a gun shop,and they had some 223s(pmc),and they wanted 28.00 for a box,ugh.I stopped by a pawn shop that's been here a while, and they wanted 17.00 for the same ones.I didn't even try to buy any 5.56s.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Every time I look at Armslist I laugh. $800 glocks, I purchased a Ruger sr40c at Wholesale Sports for $439, after seeing a used one on Armslist for $550....Lame.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Sellers are free to offer their goods for sale. Buyers are free to pay such prices as they're willing to pay. I'm free to go elsewhere.

Works fairly well, all things considered.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm guessing most of these guys selling ammo aren't actual gun owners. I'm betting most of them are people with enough "free time" to wait in line on the days that stores get their ammo shipments in. If you think about it, how many people do you know that would actually sell ammo they have? I know I sure wouldn't.

·
Banned
455 Posts
I'm sure there are places as high,but,there is an Ace Hardware in the town, beside me,that gouges as bad as anyone.I've never seen anything like them.It makes me mad,because,charging 60.00 for 50 fmj's for a 45 is a rip off.They had some 9mil fmj's,i didn't even ask how much they were.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I'm waiting for the free market to catch up after the govt finishes capturing the market on ammo. They have to stop buying up all the ammo soon. Then the ammo manufacturers will be able to catch up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Walmart has even raised there prices. Scored some 45 win white box 100 rd value packs for $40 a box. Its getting where i cant afford to shoot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
8,385 Posts
Recently I have been checking armslist.com for ammo. I can usually find .40 S&W at wally world but I always have an eye out for a "good deal". I have seen some things today that make me sick! For instance: 50 rounds of .45acp for $75, 50 rounds of .40 S&W for $35, 200 rounds of .40S&W for $140, 300 rounds of 9mm for Tulammo for $150, and even 50 rounds of federal 9mm for $50 per 50!

Has the world come to this? Gun owners lucky enough to score some ammo turn around and double and triple the prices on others. It enrages me to no end.
Yeah, it's some people hoping to make a quick buck. Same with guns. On a local board I frequent, I've seen "LNIB" or "NIB" guns listed above MSRP, and WAY above LGS sellers. Here are some examples, with LGS Price meaning LGS price rage of local sellers when in stock, and GF price the price asking on the gun forum for a face to face:

637-2: LGS - 379 - 409; GF: 525!
10/22 Carbine (base model, 18.5") LGS - 209 - 229; GF: 325!
Shield 9mm: 450-ish GF: 650!

I could go on....

Interestingly it's the same guys always trying to sell the same weapons.....

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
No buyer likes inflated prices or price gouging.
Most people want to make an extra buck when they legally can.
Even from a buyers perspective, I'm reluctant to "cast any stones".

·
Super Moderator
18,789 Posts
There are ammo cans around here with 500 round cartons of WalMart Federal or Remington .22 Long Rifle in them purchased at $8.00 each and that was only in the late 1990s. Was at a gun show a couple weeks back and saw 500 round cartons of .22 ammo priced at $98.50 each.

It's just nuts!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah it is ridiculous here in Kansas. The other day a guy had a used Ruger Mk I magazine for sale at a price of $70.00. He did back up his price with "these appear to be rare". I contacted him and asked "how many do you want"? I've got 6 and the last 2 I bought at Christmas for 25.00 a piece. I even left 2 more on the shelf where I bought mine. Have had a Mk I for over 30 years and yes the mags are kind of tough to find but they aren't made of gold. I flagged his post.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
In cases of claimed usurious pricing tactics, does anyone know the actual cost structure behind the pricing ... at minimum, the total acquisition cost (mat'l, shpg, taxes/fees, staffing to receive/stock/sell it) of the merchandise involved?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Every time I look at Armslist I laugh. $800 glocks, I purchased a Ruger sr40c at Wholesale Sports for $439, after seeing a used one on Armslist for $550....Lame.
Armslist has turned into a freakin joke, I have a sig and a winchester listed on there for the last month and let me tell you I have never recieved so many scam emails and offers to buy for cash now in my life. I firmly believe armslist will be history soon anyway thanks to the anti's pushing to eliminate all private sales through the internet. Think I will just pull my ads off Armslist and keep the extra firearms. :yup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Free market economy.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts