Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very interesting and I am glad to see some in the Jewish community finally waking up.

Gun Permit Applications Surge Nearly 1,000% in New York Jewish Community

Gun permit applications surged nearly 1,000 percent in New York’s Jewish community since the December 28, 2019, attack on Hasidic Jews in a rabbi’s home.

The Washington Examiner reports that the surge is clear in Rockland County, the very county in which the rabbi’s home was attacked. The Rockland County Clerk’s office reported the “nearly 1,000 percent increase in gun permit applications in the week following the Dec. 28 attack.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/13/gun-permit-applications-surge-nearly-1000-ny-jewish-community/

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good for them!
You think with their history of persecution over the millennia
Every Jew would possess a firearm.
You would think so, but most Jews are unfortunately, stupidly liberal. Maybe the rise in anti-semitism will wake more of them up.

·
Super Moderator
21,933 Posts
You would think so, but most Jews are unfortunately, stupidly liberal. Maybe the rise in anti-semitism will wake more of them up.
Sadly I don't see that happening with the majority of America's Jewish population.

I certainly hope I'm wrong and you are correct though.

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OD*, I agree, I don't think this will happen with the majority of Jews, but perhaps more will think this through.

·
Registered
34,616 Posts
What might have merit is a report of the number of permits "issued" to NY Jews is up 1000%, meaning maybe ten had been issued in NY numbers.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I have a Jewish friend from NYC, they are very devout and politically Conservative. From her, I saw a FB site devoted to NYC Jewish residents who are being taught firearm safety and range time, and training by former IDF and US Vets.

I made the suggestion that they flood the NYC system with Concealed Carry permit requests, and then when denied, sue the City for religious discrimination.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Sadly I don't see that happening with the majority of America's Jewish population.

I certainly hope I'm wrong and you are correct though.
God himself said they were a stubborn people...

·
Registered
8,502 Posts
I would not just single out Jews. I'm amazed at how anti-gun a lot of Christians are and they are coming under attack also. And as long as we are discussing demographics, I'm glad to see women and blacks are getting on board with defensive gun ownership, but it still amazes me how many women and blacks still vote for liberal anti-gunners. For a woman, a gun is the great equalizer. For blacks, they are the largest demographic group of victims of gun violence. They need to protect themselves.

It is too much dependence on the nanny state. I never used to like that term, but it is starting to look more and more like a necessary description.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Unfortunately the NY Jewish community and others just don't get it that the democrats are the ones that put them in their vulnerable positions. They will continue to vote for democrats over and over and not open their eyes. Just like inner city blacks that keep voting for democrats and get poorer and poorer and have more and more crime! Just look at Baltimore and Elijah Cummings who raped and pillaged the city and the people keep voting for him over and over. Some people just do not learn???? Oh, not to mention; NJ, NY, MA, CT, MD, CA and very other democrat run HOLE where the people continuously complain, but keep voting in democrats over and over!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts