Defensive Carry banner

Gun Range Lottery: Which Do You Choose?

1K views 22 replies 23 participants last post by  AZ Desertrat 
#1 ·
The gun range where I am a member is holding a members-only gun raffle this Labor Day weekend. For each trip to the range, a member is given an entry ticket. The winner will receive one of three guns (I believe 9mm only):

1. Smith & Wesson Shield
  2. Springfield Armory XD-S Essentials
  3. Walther PPS
Given the choice, which would you choose?

Since I already have an XD-S in .45ACP, I'd probably pass on the S&W. The Shield is so darn close to an XD-S, that I think I would probably go with the Walther.

And you?

#3 ·
I'd go for the PPS. It's about as close as I'll ever come to finding a new HK single stack 9mm.

#8 ·
I'd choose the Walther first then the XDS. I really like Walthers and I've shot my sons XD plenty of times and I'm found of that also. Out of the three I like the Shield least but I'd certainly take one if someone gave it to me. At least it's not a glock :image035:

#14 ·
I'd take the Springield...only because I've had the opportunity to try both the Shield and the Walther and the PPS grip is not nearly as natural feeling as the Shield. I bought the Shield that day and the Springfield was a strong contender...both better feeling in the hand than the PPS. There is a LOT I like about the PPS but the grip isn't one of them.

#15 ·
The gun range where I am a member is holding a members-only gun raffle this Labor Day weekend. For each trip to the range, a member is given an entry ticket. The winner will receive one of three guns (I believe 9mm only):

1. Smith & Wesson Shield
  2. Springfield Armory XD-S Essentials
  3. Walther PPS
Given the choice, which would you choose?

Since I already have an XD-S in .45ACP, I'd probably pass on the S&W. The Shield is so darn close to an XD-S, that I think I would probably go with the Walther.

And you?
Take the PPS-best of the lot by far.
I'd even recommend buying one if you don't win one.

#22 ·
Well I'll swim upstream against the current but I would hands down choose the XDS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.