1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Several of the gay people I know own firearms, and support the right to keep and bear arms. And many support other traditionally-conservative ideas - like lower taxes - as well.

Unfortunately, they have been led to believe, by Democrats and Republicans alike, that whom they sleep with is more politically important than their views on such matters.

I've always thought that was a shame. It seems that the Second Amendment would get a lot more support from voters if everybody would just take sexual orientation out of politics altogether.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
From the article:

Thus the call to arms is much more than symbolic; it is a very real reminder that citizens must be ever-vigilant and prepared to confront evil when it comes intent on violence, and the only real path to ensuring one's own survival is to rely on the most powerful deterrent that one can utilize.
Far too much conflict in this to be effective as it focuses on a specific "group" or one area of society that now feels they need protection.

It never ceases to amaze me how hardliners take a new view as soon as [it] touches them where they live.

So for the moment, (all of a sudden) the LGBT community believe [they] need to protect themselves where in reality ALL American's need to demand this right. The right does not extend to sections or pockets of a group; nor should it be advertised as such!

This is another slippery slope.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
This has potential for a new advertising campaign, "I'm gay and NRA"
(No not me personally)

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
I support gun rights for all law-abiding Americans. Shoot back makes a heck of a lot more sense than anything else I've heard in the last week. I can't stand to turn on the TV anymore...too much stupid being broadcast...I can't bear to watch anymore.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
This has potential for a new advertising campaign, "I'm gay and NRA"
(No not me personally)
I think now would be a fantastic time for the NRA to push such a position and gain supporters in this arena. They could partner with some LGBT gun rights groups to start a campaign. I personally know quite a few LGBT people who are also gun owners and carriers. Let's appeal to everyone and gain supporters in the right to defend ourselves.

Someone at work asked me what the solution is and I said, "Dismantle all of the gun free zones and let people like me defend themselves. I don't need the govt or police to protect me, I am fully capable of taking care of myself if people would stop using gun control to create victim rich killing zones." Going forward, I'm going to just say, "Shoot back."

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Several of the gay people I know own firearms, and support the right to keep and bear arms. And many support other traditionally-conservative ideas - like lower taxes - as well.

Unfortunately, they have been led to believe, by Democrats and Republicans alike, that whom they sleep with is more politically important than their views on such matters.

I've always thought that was a shame. It seems that the Second Amendment would get a lot more support from voters if everybody would just take sexual orientation out of politics altogether.
Many of the LGBT persons I know are libertarian, and will stand and fight for the rights of all people, not just ones that fit a certain description.

·
Banned
12,069 Posts
YEAH what Ianthin said!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Throughout history tyrannical dictators usually begin their rampage by attacking the weaker minorities in any society....this attacking people in the LGBT community is a page right out of the Hitler playbook and the people running it need to be eradicated. I'm not gay but know a few gay people who are fine hard working citizens. They should be allowed to walk the streets of America without living in fear like any other law abiding American citizen. Unfortunately, their lifestyle in our open society has run head on into the tenants of Sharia law (which has no place in America) that is promoted by this President. So, basically the radicals who promote sharia...need to leave America or simply shut it.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
No where in it does the Second Amendment state that it only applies to a specific group of people. All citizens are covered by it. Its truly sad that a tragedy of this nature occurred. But people are driven to the right of self protection by any number of reasons and at their own pace. If the LGBT community is now going that way, good for them.

·
Super Moderator
23,584 Posts
Defensive Carry supports the 2A for all legal persons regardless of sexual orientation, and as the Rules state, we don't care.

6. We do not discriminate in regards to religion, race, creed, gender, sexual preference, or national origin, nor will we tolerate, on this forum, those that do. Racial, ethnic, or religious slurs appearing in posts will be removed. That being the case, we generally don't want to know most of these things about you. We are strictly a "don't ask, don't tell" forum regarding sexual preferences.

·
Premium Member
5,693 Posts
"Armed gays dont get bashed", says one poster. Well, armed people dont get bashed, either.

Take the wall street protesters. Every single place they protested they were beaten, gassed, and otherwise molested...except ONE PLACE. Phoenix.

In Phoenix, an open carry group showed up to protect them. And not a hair on their heads was touched by the "riot police". Btw, why are there riot police on hand at peaceful protests, anyway?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts