Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a relatively cheap used gun safe at an auction. Its no Liberty but the price was right and a safe is better than no safe. It is traditional style for long guns and I'm strictly a handgunner. The small upper shelf in it isn't going to be very useful. I'm intrigued by the magnet organizers I see for both pistols and magazines. I'm a long time fishing reel repairer and know from that, that often magnet's have a long term effect even on metals other than steel. Has anyone had problems with mags or even slides after long term storage on those magnets? Any pic's of unique d.i.y. organizing projects would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
2/3 of my guns are polymer

·
Registered
887 Posts
Is there a way to organize your gun safe? Dang, I keep trying to figure it out :smile:

·
Registered
450 Posts
In my safe I utilized one of those fabric shoe organizers people hang in their closets. I cut it to fit on the door. I can hold two 30 round pmags in each pouch. Before I had so many pmags I used to put smaller pistols in the pouches and extra mags. Another thing I have is a small plastic 3 drawer organizer screwed to the bottom of the shelf. I keep passports, money, giftcards, jewelry, and small pistol mags inside.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my safe I utilized one of those fabric shoe organizers people hang in their closets. I cut it to fit on the door. I can hold two 30 round pmags in each pouch. Before I had so many pmags I used to put smaller pistols in the pouches and extra mags. Another thing I have is a small plastic 3 drawer organizer screwed to the bottom of the shelf. I keep passports, money, giftcards, jewelry, and small pistol mags inside.
Good ideas!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Need a easy shelf? Use 2-3 curtain tension rods and place a piece of plexiglass or even cardboard on it. Simple and they have sizes of all lengths.
And anything for closet or kitchen orginization can be used as well. Just know your inside dimensions.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I use a pocket organizer on the door for my 1911s. Then I use hangers on the rest that hang from the shelf. The hanger is inserted down the barrel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts