Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I browse a dozen or so store sites, and then go though the larger e-commerce sites, and hand gun inventory is as low as i have seen. Even the pricier guns are out of stock now. And then Gun Broker, what some people are bidding for specific guns is nuts. I even found a site/store that was out of Glocks. Ammo is even more scarce.

This is really crazy.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I don't think we've seen the peak of this yet; used guns/pawn shops are going up in price too.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
I don't think we've seen the peak of this yet; used guns/pawn shops are going up in price too.

I'd be willing to bet you are correct. I shudder to think what will happen if the upcoming presidential election turns out bad for 2A Rights.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'd be willing to bet you are correct. I shudder to think what will happen if the upcoming presidential election turns out bad for 2A Rights.
My guess is, if the Dems have big wins in November, you better already have what you want or need. Getting it after that point is probably going to be very difficult, or even impossible. At the very least, it will be expensive.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
My guess is, if the Dems have big wins in November, you better already have what you want or need. Getting it after that point is probably going to be very difficult, or even impossible. At the very least, it will be expensive.
I thought people would have been stocking up since the last shortage but apparently not. As you said, if the elections go bad, some items will be nearly impossible to acquire and extremely expensive.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
How things change, last year I kept reading how 40 was a dying caliber. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I am just glad I didn't drink the 9mm as the "best" CC caliber Koolaid. Its now more expensive than 45acp or 38 special or even 357 magnum.
Still cheap in this neck of the woods, but can't find training ammo. I can order it through Bass Pro and pick it up at the store.

LGS had a big run Friday. Monday was slow, but three people were filling out forms. There were a few empty spots on the wall and counter, but he was stocked up pretty well. I haven't been to Bass Pro lately, but nothing in stock according to the web site. Have to go when they're stocking shelves.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Went to my LGS the other day and stood in line outside longer than it took to go in, complete paperwork, and buy a Mini-14.

The cabinets were still cram packed with handguns, and the walls full of long guns. The more popular flavors were still there, just not as much variety as usual.

On the plus side, there's a local widow whose husband left hundreds of guns behind when he passed, and the LGS has been working with her to sell off those guns for a couple years now. This scare is probably helping them knock back that stack of arms.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It's pretty crazy. I was at my favorite local gun store yesterday to buy some primers, (which he had!) It's not a very big place and usually there might be one or two customers browsing while I'm there but this time there were 3 people filling out paperwork to buy a gun. I noticed a few handguns in the case but didn't look close enough to see what they were. Odd ball stuff I'd imagine.

While I was waiting I got into a conversation with one of the customers about ammo availability and said that with all the new gun owners I could see why there was an ammo shortage but I was a little surprised at how scare reloading supplies are since I'm sure those new gun owners aren't reloading and most reloaders were well stocked before this all went down. She said maybe people are reloading and then selling the ammo at a profit. I laughed and said I doubt that as I know the mindset. Even with sufficient supplies to make tens of thousands of rounds, you never feel like you have too much, and you're not willing to part with any of it.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
My local LGS said that Democrat sales are at all time high right now. However, the need to keep rum cake on hand for customers because of the frustration over the time it takes to walk out with the gun and the pain of filling out the 4473 form.

Now these people do not like gun control ......

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
That's why you stock up when it's plentiful not scarce.
I have always said "buy it cheap and stack it deep"
If the pro 2A candidate wins and after the riots because he won, and if Covid 19 is under control I think you may see a lot of guns on the second hand market. People trying to catch up on bills and such deciding maybe they don't need a gun right now. If you save your pennies you may find a good deal.
But until then It is going to be a very bumpy ride.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Ya'll have to learn to be creative in the shopping. Even if the gun / ammo markets here dry up completely, there are markets south of the border where you can find whatever your little heart desires - even some things that are, well, shall we say, not kosher.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts