Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I'm glad more folks are finally taking responsibility for their own safety.

It's about time.

Now, for the other 100M people out there who've still preferred to rely on luck and the gods ...

·
Banned
3,343 Posts
At least some of them understand the 2nd amendment and what it's for..... I'm glad they're taking on the responsibility and I hope they do so properly....
You know I'm just so freakin' nice, but when I read about Mr Sulu, George T whining about...well you know, I posted the stuff about internment camps and how he and his folks were in them and said 'GT, internment camp victim, in favor of big gubmint taking our 2A...Really? REALLY? Well in my head I did, b/c I love little George...

Dayum.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wait until these gays figure out that other progressives are trying to take away their right to self defense. There's going to be some cognitive dissonance. I want to see how that plays out. There might actually be some splintering in the progressive movement to take away guns. There might turn out to be some positive results from this tragedy.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Does Florida allow firearms in clubs, assuming alcohol is served there?
As I recall from another thread, Florida doesn't allow guns in clubs where 51% of the revenue is from alcohol. This club qualified and guns were not allowed.

Look around for the other thread, so the subject here doesn't get hijacked. I am pleased to see that homosexuals are taking steps for self defense. I wonder if part of the ease of this murderer to kill so many was a victim mentality of so many there that they wouldn't do anything to defend themselves. Purchasing guns for self defense, and hopefully training with them would be a step to taking responsibility for their lives and away from the victim mentality that is pervasive throughout our current culture.

·
Registered
475 Posts
As I recall from another thread, Florida doesn't allow guns in clubs where 51% of the revenue is from alcohol. This club qualified and guns were not allowed.

Look around for the other thread, so the subject here doesn't get hijacked. I am pleased to see that homosexuals are taking steps for self defense. I wonder if part of the ease of this murderer to kill so many was a victim mentality of so many there that they wouldn't do anything to defend themselves. Purchasing guns for self defense, and hopefully training with them would be a step to taking responsibility for their lives and away from the victim mentality that is pervasive throughout our current culture.
True but a little more straight forward then that. Bars and clubs are no carry but restaurants are ok but not the bar area of a restaurant.

·
Registered
973 Posts
We welcome the converts, just sorry it took something like this for them to convert. But that's how it goes with just about anything people change their minds on. Now if they would just realize it's the Islamists killing them that is what they need to be fighting about, not Christians refusing to bake them a wedding cake.

·
Banned
12,069 Posts
You know I'm just so freakin' nice, but when I read about Mr Sulu, George T whining about...well you know, I posted the stuff about internment camps and how he and his folks were in them and said 'GT, internment camp victim, in favor of big gubmint taking our 2A...Really? REALLY? Well in my head I did, b/c I love little George...

Dayum.
Great post there BJ:danceban:

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts

Dayum.
I wonder what GT has to say about this surge of interest in firearm ownership by the LGBT community? He seemed to be going to war with the NRA earlier this week, and certainly there are LGBT members of the NRA. And I say welcome to all. George Takei has a warning for the NRA from the LGBT community: ?You don?t want to mess with us?

·
Premium Member
8,083 Posts
All Americans should be able to protect themselves , education needs to get to people out in the real world . I don't think the NRA does enough TV time to get the message out , I showed some people u-tube videos of what the NRA has done to help other minorities from slavery to present day and they were surprised and enlightened .

We all need to share the history with people that don't know about such things.

We as Americans don't need to be victims , we have choices the government will not protect us they will put us in body bags after the fact .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Other than pink pistol membership raising, how do they determine that more homosexuals are buying guns? I don't ever remember being asked sexual preference at the gun counter...

·
Registered
73 Posts
For a group that has always been known (and admired, scorned, etc..) for their tenacious advocacy of their rights, the sure seem slow to the party on the most basic HUMAN right of them all...... The right to self-defense.

Better late then never though and I will support the pink pistols or any other group in their fight to protect themselves by any constitutional means. Bravo.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I'm glad. It would have been fantastic if somebody in that club would have been able to take out that nut-job before he started people.

It took more than rhetoric to garner their attention. Now it's a needs based issue. Wonder what brought that on? Look at it like this, at least it's going to stimulate someone's economy. I just hope they develop the proper mindset and get the proper training, or else you've just got folks buying guns to shoot themselves. But it still doesn't mean squat if they can't pack it and have it when they need it.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Interestingly, because of the US Constitution, I don't have to nor will I refer to them or identify them as any particular group or culture. They are American Citizens and have a right to be armed to defend themselves, and that's the only matter at hand.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts