Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a gun show this weekend at the Ft. Worth Convention Center. Since they only have it there twice a year, and since I've never been to that one before, just curious if anyone has and if so, is it a good one? I've been to the Big Town show, also at Will Rogers and Dallas Market Hall...of those, I'll only go to the Big Town shows anymore....was disappointed with the others....too much "non-gun/knife" stuff....why would anybody have a table to sell frickin pruning loppers?

Hows about it Texans and nearby folks too? :redface:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Hard to say what you'll find. The Ft Worth Convention Center shows are not as good as Big Town or Market Hall. They can be as good or better than Will Rogers. I’ve been to some real stinkers at Will Rodgers and at Ft Worth Convention Center. I’ve also been to some decent ones.

I wish I could go, but it would just depress me. I don’t have the funds since my recent purchase of a scope.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Euclidean said:
What kind of glass JT? It's my understanding that most of the cost of a rifle is the scope.
I got a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14x50mm Long Range (30mm maintube)

I spent a lot. I decided to build a bolt gun with everything I wanted. It took me about a year and a half to buy everything. The scope was the final piece. Thanks to GWB for the large tax return that made the scope purchase possible.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Minor comment - but near 2 years ago - did the Market hall show and was quite impressed. Bought ammo mostly - and a carbine. But found plenty of stuff worth looking at.

That show was my ''reason'' (excuse!!!) for trotting off on a 4,000 mile (in 8 days!) round trip with wife!!! Need to check out Dallas gun show Hon' .... wanna come? :tongue: :biggrin:

·
Banned
693 Posts
I have a Leupold VarX-II in 3.5x10 with turret knobs on my flat-top. I think the scope is very clear. A book of matches has to be out almost to 300 yards before it's safe. (I use reloads tailored for the rifle.)

I got into glass very late in life. It adds a real dimension to the shooting sport. I like the precision aspect.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
P95Carry said:
Minor comment - but near 2 years ago - did the Market hall show and was quite impressed. Bought ammo mostly - and a carbine. But found plenty of stuff worth looking at.

That show was my ''reason'' (excuse!!!) for trotting off on a 4,000 mile (in 8 days!) round trip with wife!!! Need to check out Dallas gun show Hon' .... wanna come? :tongue: :biggrin:
Wow. And I thought my drive to Mesquite for a gun show was long. (Long, but always worth it)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The Tourist said:
I have a Leupold VarX-II in 3.5x10 with turret knobs on my flat-top. I think the scope is very clear. A book of matches has to be out almost to 300 yards before it's safe. (I use reloads tailored for the rifle.)

I got into glass very late in life. It adds a real dimension to the shooting sport. I like the precision aspect.
I almost went with something “as good” as a Leupold for a little bit less, but decided if I was going to put out that much money I would put out a little more and get what I really wanted. I haven’t been disappointed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts