Defensive Carry banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Euclidean said:
rfurtkamp if I ever am in your neck of the woods, I'm going to your store and buying SOMETHING, even if it's just a can of CLP.

+1 for me.

·
Registered
473 Posts
the wife and i were at the local place one day. they had a new guy there and he asked the wife what she was looking for. she said a pistol, so he started showing her .22's and .380's. then the owner came out and told the wife that her gun had come in. when the owner brought out her springer 1911 i thought the new guy was gonna faint. he didn't last long at that store.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
the owner brought out her Springer 1911
Let's hear it - for a discerning and well decided Mrs Craig :smile:

Damn - I love it when these ladies choose good guns.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i usually let hubby buy whatever first. i try his.. if i like it i go buy my own. but one thing is different... his are blued usually and mine are stainless ( the shiny factor of course). he just bought a g26 a few weeks ago, so guess what? i did too. the only thing is they are exactly the same. no stainless for glocks, at least not that i have found yet. the only guns that he has that i do not and will not shoot is his 44's. to much for me. mrs craig

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Ahah - mystery solved - so cin is Mrs Craig. Well I say again a very discerning lady!

Unfortunately when you get to Glocks they are Glock color - or Glock color :biggrin:. No stainless yet - or ever I suspect!

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
As for the ladies...

I cant even begin to tell you how many stories that I've heard that dealt with the yahoos at the 3 main gunshops we have in town.

As a CCW instructor, I hear about the shortcomings of the guns store gurus in the question and answer section of the class. One of the biggest gripes that I hear about is that most clerks dont take a women serious and they dont seem to listen to what they say. I can imagine how many sales they've lost just because they talked down to a women and simply didnt show them any common courtesy or proffesionalism.

A few years ago, I started teaching private lessons to anyone that thought they wanted a permit that couldnt attend our normal schedualed classes for some reason or another. Many of my customers are middle aged to older women that arent familiar with guns but are aware enough to feel the need for self protection. I tailor each class to their particular needs and will take however long it takes until they feel comfortable with whatever it is they need to carry. That little bit of extra attention goes a long way. Once I started catering to women, the word of mouth got out and soon I was giving lots of private classes and advice as to what what suitable to carry and what was not. So much so that my gun collection has grown considerably. :wink:

I think that its tragic, not only for the woman that are turned OFF by the whole experience, but for the cause itself.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Seems all the gun shops here have gurus of one sort or another. I recently started driving the extra miles Guns and Leather in Greenbriar - that's almost an hour away from here. They have a well lit indoor range, computerized targets, let you shoot at whatever distance you want and offered the CCW class for 1/3 of what the crappy, overpriced local store wanted.

My CCW class had 35 people in it, 7 of which were ladies. I don't totally agree with the instructor's views (he thinks C&L 1911s are unsafe but he's fine with Glocks?) but overall it's a good place to shoot and do business. He seemed to treat the ladies with the same level of respect as the guys, didn't talk down to them or act like they didn't belong there. BTW, at least three of them beat my qualifying score - gotta love a well prepared woman! :biggrin:
Jack

21 - 30 of 30 Posts