Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bud

Nothing blows up quite as well as a nice GLOCK. :biggrin:
Some of the very best Boom Photos I've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Speir is a noted Glock hater (despite what he claims). He got banned from Glocktalk a long time ago (which, despite what some may think, does not ban people for bashing Glocks. A lot if that goes on) . I’m not saying everything on his site is false, but much of it has been shown to be. Or at least very misleading.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Seems somewhat bias, and I don't even like Glocks.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Not a Glock Basher I just cannot shoot them and developed the feeling there were considerable problems with LEO handling them and kbooms with .40 cal. I gave my Glock .45 to my son.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I would agree with "Smear", that the 9x19 Glock is well nigh indestrucatible. Glock has had the same problems that every other manufacturer has had, moving up in caliber from the originally designed model. (Colt Delta Elite, BHP in .40, Beretta in .40/.45) At some point Glock must have pissed in Speir's Wheaties; his "documentation" is too exclusive and vitriolic not to have some serious personal investment. Being a long time gunshop lurker, I've seen more kB'd 1911's crossing smith benches than anything other than old, thin-walled dbl 12g's. It's not usually the "stupid gun", but operator inattentiveness.

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Photos

I am not a Glock hater. In fact I kinda really love them though they sure don't fit my hand like a COLT 1911.
Appreciate the site for the photos. (for thems what loves photos of KaBoomed firearms in general)
Glocks are mighty popular firearms. I own 2 & I'll always keep them. They have been function flawless & they are finely engineered.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
The only thing of this kind that I've read and believe in somewhat is that after a diet of 50,000 rounds, the .40 S&W caliber Glocks show noticeably more wear than their 9mm brethren.

To which I say, DUH, as that should be true of any firearm maker's products.

I don't like Glocks. They point weird, the grips are all wrong, blah blah blah. But I if I were about to be attacked and I had to pick a new out of the box pistol to defend myself with, I'd not hesitate to pick a Glock and that's saying something.

Like all machines however, the Glock fails sometimes. But out of all the Glockers I've ever known, not one of them has had a problem with a bone stock Glock pistol. I'm sure 1 in 1000 Glocks has some kind of problem. I like my new XD but I'm sure 1 in 1000 XDs has some kind of problem.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Euclidean said:
I don't like Glocks. They point weird, the grips are all wrong, blah blah blah.
INFIDEL!!!!

Euclidean said:
But I if I were about to be attacked and I had to pick a new out of the box pistol to defend myself with, I'd not hesitate to pick a Glock and that's saying something.
Ok, you're forgiven.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
The only Glock I currently have is a Model 26 and that was due to a REALLY GOOD deal on it (A guy bought it new, a week prior to me getting it. It came with everything it originally came with, plus 2 extra G19 Hi-caps for 360.00 I've also placed 4 of those Glock +2 mag extentions I had laying around here. 2 on the 10's and 2 on the 15's) Now, how could I pass up a deal like that for "trade bait" :biggrin:
opps...had to edit my spelling, and yes, I'm trying to get accustomed to the feel of it, just for those really hot days that come in mid July through August around here. I'm going to try those Geco B.A.T. bullets in it, and will surely try the Winchester 147 gr subsonics I have as well. Look for a range report within the next couple days, along with that Shorty Forty :biggrin:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
CLASS3NH said:
The only Glock I currently have is a Model 26 and that was gue to a REALLY GOOD deal on it (A guy bought it new, a week prior to me getting it. It came with everything it originally came with, plus 2 extra G19 Hi-caps for 360.00) Now, how could I pass up a deal like that for "trade bait"

Ya cant pass that up

·
Registered
340 Posts
CLASS3NH said:
The only Glock I currently have is a Model 26 and that was gue to a REALLY GOOD deal on it (A guy bought it new, a week prior to me getting it. It came with everything it originally came with, plus 2 extra G19 Hi-caps for 360.00) Now, how could I pass up a deal like that for "trade bait"

Thats a smokin deal..! My 26 only cost me $130.00

Federal 9mm conversion barrel. $98
2 Glock factory G26 mags. $30

I already had the G27 in .40.:)

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
AZG23 said:
Thats a smokin deal..! My 26 only cost me $130.00

Federal 9mm conversion barrel. $98
2 Glock factory G26 mags. $30

I already had the G27 in .40.:)
Heyy way cool!! I was told by a few people that the BBLs and mags were interchangable, going from a 27 to make a 26, but not in reverse due to the positioning if the ejector on the 26 frame.
BTW...hope mine doesn't go "KAABOOOM" :eek:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
CLASS3NH said:
BTW...hope mine doesn't go "KAABOOOM" :eek:
It's a 9mm don't worry about it.

And I don't worry about it in my 40 either. I use good ammo and keep it stock.

·
Registered
340 Posts
actually they arent "interchangeable", you have to have a conversion barrel. And you cant make a 26 into a 27.....you can make a 33 (.357sig) into a 27 or a 26 however. Not sure if thats what you meant...just wanted to clarify so noone was mislead. As for the ejector....it hasnt been a problem...it has been 100% reliable thru about 800 rounds. My wife loves to shoot it....

·
Super Moderator
13,117 Posts
Glock K-booms have always intrigued me because so many say they do much more so than other brands; so many say they don't anymore than other brands.

However, in reading various boards, reports of Glock K-booms seem to far exceed any other manufacturer. For example, Glocktalk has a sticky dedicated to Glock K-booms. The Sig forum, the 1911 forum, the XD forum, etc. do NOT have a sticky on K-booms for their guns, nor do they have anywhere near the traffic of posts on K-booms that Glocks do.

Many dismiss the Glock K-boom because there are so many more Glocks out there than any other gun. However, unless there are something like ten times more Glocks out there than other guns, the K-boom reporting is way out of proportion.

I'm not bashing Glocks, I currently own six after selling three, but to me, there does seem to be a real problem with Glocks K-booming more frequently and more proportionately than other manufacturers. Plus, based on what little info I have seen, Glock didn't perform so great in the ICE tests that Sig prevailed in.

I realize all mechanical devices are prone to failure. It just seems like to me that Glocks have a significant higher K-boom ocurrances than other manufacturers. And some are of course user and ammo induced, but OTOH, many are not so easily explained and occur with reputable people and good factory ammo.

If you mention "K-boom" in gun circles, it seems to me like Glock invariably comes up. For example, when was the last time you heard of conversation about Sig k-booms?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts