Defensive Carry banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,034 Posts
Not sure about the Don Hume belt but I'd go with a Wilderness nylon, velcro gun belt instead for just a bit more.

Ti.

· Registered
5,133 Posts
I have found velcro ok for an under belt for duty belt uses , but have found that if worn alone the velcro wont hold up over the long haul , for the price of a ccw useable belt honestly i would go with a conventional buckle style .

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot guys,I appreciate the answers.I have been doing a lot of searching for a good belt on the internet but haven't found one yet.I would like to keep the price under$60 if possible.I found one at rafter but they say an 8 to 10 week turnaround. sj

· Registered
5,133 Posts
Sjones , i note your in waxahachie , so check your yellow pages , and if not there check DFW area for a saddle shop , tell them you need a heavy contour belt ( a good belt looks like a strung longbow ) and i bet you will find a maker there that will have it within a day or two for that money .

btw how long you lived there ? i used to have an LE friend down there with dps .

· Registered
2,034 Posts
sjones said:
Thanks a lot guys,I appreciate the answers.I have been doing a lot of searching for a good belt on the internet but haven't found one yet.I would like to keep the price under$60 if possible.I found one at rafter but they say an 8 to 10 week turnaround. sj
In that case and if going with a leather belt I would check out the belt man. Awesome belts at a great price and in your price range too that take about 3 weeks to get to your door, can't beat it with a stick.

http://www.thebeltman.net/index.htm

Ti.

· Registered
5,133 Posts
Ok Sj , never mind then , he was stationed there about 15 years ago or so , i have kinda lost track of him since ( tho i have his dads ranch no in Wichata Falls and i suppose its still good lol )

· Registered
2,102 Posts
I have a Rafter S belt. Nice work, great price and they told me the same delivery time but I got it in three weeks. Of course, I might just have been lucky!

· Registered
20 Posts
You might try one of these.

Looper Leather
This is there wholesale website (they don't have there retail site up yet) but they do sell retail.

It's a kydex lined leather belt. I havn't used one but they are a nice looking and very stiff belt. A lot of local people rave about them. I think they were around $30 bucks last time I was in there. If they have your size in stock it should ship pretty quick. Usually they have a lot on the rack.

· Registered
190 Posts
Galls catalog has an Akers belt for around $38. I've been using two, one black & one brown. Nice looking dress belts, that also work with jeans. They are leather with a plastic stiffener.

· Registered
554 Posts
Martini13 said:
Galls catalog has an Akers belt for around $38. I've been using two, one black & one brown. Nice looking dress belts, that also work with jeans. They are leather with a plastic stiffener.
+1 on Akers - I bought one in Black w/nickel buckle - liked it so much I bought a brown w/brass buckle a week later! Great value! Looks nice with jeans or slacks

I got mine at

www.mypolicestore.com

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Dog said:
You might try one of these.

Looper Leather
This is there wholesale website (they don't have there retail site up yet) but they do sell retail.

It's a kydex lined leather belt. I havn't used one but they are a nice looking and very stiff belt. A lot of local people rave about them. I think they were around $30 bucks last time I was in there. If they have your size in stock it should ship pretty quick. Usually they have a lot on the rack.
Hello Dog, yes this is an excellent belt, I have used one for a year now, they certainly are a good deal!

· Registered
28 Posts
+1 on Looper Leather - Kydex lined wrapped in leather gun belt. Belt is worn everyday with no problems and for the guarantee on the belt, it makes it that much sweeter.

· Registered
28 Posts
I found my receipt, but it only showed the total of the two things I purchased there. I have to say it was between $25-$30.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.