Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you all think one of the don hume velcro closing belt will hold good enough?I 've always used the type that has the buckles on it.I am thinking about ordering one. Thanks. sj

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Not sure about the Don Hume belt but I'd go with a Wilderness nylon, velcro gun belt instead for just a bit more.

Ti.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I have found velcro ok for an under belt for duty belt uses , but have found that if worn alone the velcro wont hold up over the long haul , for the price of a ccw useable belt honestly i would go with a conventional buckle style .

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot guys,I appreciate the answers.I have been doing a lot of searching for a good belt on the internet but haven't found one yet.I would like to keep the price under$60 if possible.I found one at rafter but they say an 8 to 10 week turnaround. sj

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Sjones , i note your in waxahachie , so check your yellow pages , and if not there check DFW area for a saddle shop , tell them you need a heavy contour belt ( a good belt looks like a strung longbow ) and i bet you will find a maker there that will have it within a day or two for that money .

btw how long you lived there ? i used to have an LE friend down there with dps .

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
sjones said:
Thanks a lot guys,I appreciate the answers.I have been doing a lot of searching for a good belt on the internet but haven't found one yet.I would like to keep the price under$60 if possible.I found one at rafter but they say an 8 to 10 week turnaround. sj
In that case and if going with a leather belt I would check out the belt man. Awesome belts at a great price and in your price range too that take about 3 weeks to get to your door, can't beat it with a stick.

http://www.thebeltman.net/index.htm

Ti.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Redneck,I just moved here about 3 month's but I've been here many times,my wife's sister lives here and I used to live in houston for 28 years. sj

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Ok Sj , never mind then , he was stationed there about 15 years ago or so , i have kinda lost track of him since ( tho i have his dads ranch no in Wichata Falls and i suppose its still good lol )

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I have a Rafter S belt. Nice work, great price and they told me the same delivery time but I got it in three weeks. Of course, I might just have been lucky!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You might try one of these.

Looper Leather
This is there wholesale website (they don't have there retail site up yet) but they do sell retail.

It's a kydex lined leather belt. I havn't used one but they are a nice looking and very stiff belt. A lot of local people rave about them. I think they were around $30 bucks last time I was in there. If they have your size in stock it should ship pretty quick. Usually they have a lot on the rack.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Galls catalog has an Akers belt for around $38. I've been using two, one black & one brown. Nice looking dress belts, that also work with jeans. They are leather with a plastic stiffener.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went ahead and bought a nice looking belt from don hume,it has buckle and they had it in stock,got it in about three days.thanks for your time. sj

·
Registered
558 Posts
Martini13 said:
Galls catalog has an Akers belt for around $38. I've been using two, one black & one brown. Nice looking dress belts, that also work with jeans. They are leather with a plastic stiffener.
+1 on Akers - I bought one in Black w/nickel buckle - liked it so much I bought a brown w/brass buckle a week later! Great value! Looks nice with jeans or slacks

I got mine at

www.mypolicestore.com

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Dog said:
You might try one of these.

Looper Leather
This is there wholesale website (they don't have there retail site up yet) but they do sell retail.

It's a kydex lined leather belt. I havn't used one but they are a nice looking and very stiff belt. A lot of local people rave about them. I think they were around $30 bucks last time I was in there. If they have your size in stock it should ship pretty quick. Usually they have a lot on the rack.
Hello Dog, yes this is an excellent belt, I have used one for a year now, they certainly are a good deal!

·
Registered
28 Posts
+1 on Looper Leather - Kydex lined wrapped in leather gun belt. Belt is worn everyday with no problems and for the guarantee on the belt, it makes it that much sweeter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I found my receipt, but it only showed the total of the two things I purchased there. I have to say it was between $25-$30.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts