Defensive Carry banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one ever buy ammo from this site? I've never bought ammo online before but I cann't find it in the stores. What are some of the things to look out for and how would I know if I'm getting factory ammo or some ones reloads?

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Never used that site but have used others plenty.

Zero problems to date.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I always try to purchase ammo in factory boxes. However, I have bought private label ammo as well and never had a problem!

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Gunbroker does not guarantee or warranty the items sold on their site. They are simply a internet conduit for buying and selling. Am eBay for gun, knife and bow folks if you will.

You have to look at the rating for the seller to get an idea of how reliable and trustworthy they might be.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
I have purchased ammon from this site more than half dozen times with no problems at all. Just look at the rating of the seller.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Any one ever buy ammo from this site? I've never bought ammo online before but I cann't find it in the stores. What are some of the things to look out for and how would I know if I'm getting factory ammo or some ones reloads?
Sure, many times.

Keep in mind that GB is merely a classified ads board much like any other such board. Except that it has qualified buyers/sellers, a ratings system and history, and ties into people's ccards. Basically, I use many of the same caveats and steps as I would when buying any other "classified ad" type product.

As for having questions about the product you're considering, be sure to ask all your questions beforehand, as with any purchase. You'll be about as sure as you're going to be, when buying sight-unseen. Myself, I speak with the person on the telephone and get my questions answered that way, which (for me) helps assure me the seller's real, motivated, has the product as claimed, etc. The key is: vet the seller and product yourself, to the degree that satisfies you. That's your responsibility as buyer.

In the end, despite GB being better than most (IMO), it's still the responsibility of the buyer and seller to make the arrangements, be honest, etc. GB is just the middleman, helps with payment, communication. Works well.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have bought a couple actual guns from gunbroker that I could not find anyplace else. The thing to be concerned about is what you are being charged. I checked out ammo prices (especially looking for .22lr) and I would have needed to blow my rape whistle to buy from there.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Call your area walmarts in the morn 7 to 8 am I have had good luck, at least once a week I have been able to get 9 mm an .38 at 13.99 a box mostly Federal

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ive bought a bunch of 50BMG from GB. Have some .22 coming. The seller will picture and descrie the ammo. Buy as you would any auction. Know what you are buying and check sellers comments.

Roger

·
Registered
265 Posts
Most of the sellers on gunbroker are LGS. usually they are on the up and up. I would stay away from individual sellers. Also look at their seller rating and feedback. I usually don't purchase unless there is free shipping. Remember it is illegal for someone without an FFL to sell reloads, so I always message (individual sellers) them "These aren't reloads right? Are you an FFL Holder?" Best to investigate as thorough as possible.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
I tend to stick with ammoman.com. Their prices were very reasonable with free shipping, but have followed the recent price increases as has most ammo dealers. Thanks Osama, whoops , Obama.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I've used GB to buy a few different things, including a firearm, and haven't had problems with any of the transactions. Check out the reviews of the person listing the ammo or item to see if they are more or less reputable.

You can also check out ammoseek or gunbot to find ammo on the net.

Also, the suggestion to try Walmart in the morning is good. Many stores have people lined up waiting for them to open for sale in the morning (I believe Walmart can only sell ammo during certain hours, at least that's how it is here where I live).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Easy way to tell if you have a reload is to check for marks left by the dies. It's usually left just right above the rim of the brass and has scratches going down. You can also tell if you look at the neck and it's blackened or if the primer on the bottom is copper colored. Another giveaway is if the headstamps are all different.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts