Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Guns & Ammo magazine is an overall good magazine, they can be informative and have good material. But Im not so sure about their online resources. Perhaps I should not be so quick to judge.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
If 90% of the stuff you want to read about is rifles and scopes over 1500 dollars, it's a perfectly fine magazine. Keeping in mind that it's all just a matter of marketing, they remind me of those tacti-cool instructors you often see in their little black outfits darting about on their ranges with all their little toys covering every inch of rifles. Some of the older writers there still have interesting articles now and again.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I remember Petersons Hunting had a guy on the last page who used to be a hell of a writer. He was an older guy with a lot of experience and horse sense. I forget his name but I was a big fan of him and that USMC Brig General who used to write about hunting. I got "Hunting" and "Guns 'n Ammo" for many , many years and used to enjoy them.

·
Registered
33,886 Posts
You have to cherry pick the information from any magazine. As for online magazines, I prefer hands on. Reading anything on a screen loses me quickly. Most posts over 5-10 lines lose me.

Reactions: AzQkr

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
You have to cherry pick the information from any magazine. As for online magazines, I prefer hands on. Reading anything on a screen loses me quickly. Most posts over 5-10 lines lose me.
Exactly,

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Reactions: OldVet
1 - 9 of 9 Posts