Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Interesting read on where the states rank. My own state was 23rd which is about right.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Georgia comes in @ 13. Humm, not bad, but thought it would have been in the top ten really.
It's the OC component of their ranking system. You need a weapons carry license to OC, which is not true in some states. But if you look at the overall score (46 of 50, which is actually tied for 11th with SC, FL, and MT) it's still a pretty gun-friendly state.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My state, Ohio, is 35 but North Carolina is (where I'm going to vacation) is 19. I'm no expert but I don't see how that can be. No permit is required in Ohio to purchase a gun and NC has some weird restrictions on concealed carry. In OH you can carry in establishments that serve liquor as long as you don't drink.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
my state South Dakota came in at 27, i found that rather low, we are very pro gun and pro hunter

No Castle Doctrine... killed the score with a 4 in that component. It woulda been Top 5 if they had Castle Doctrine.

Reactions: Naufragia

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Wyoming #6. I suppose we all can't be #1. Though interesting that we are #1 in gun ownership per capita. We love our guns here what else is there to say.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
#23 for Tennessee. Not the greatest, but not the worst.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Okay... someone should have posted a slideshow warning on the link.

I live in WA, and can't fathom how we made #40. I wasn't expecting #1, but I figured top 10, just below the "constitutional carry" states.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I thought Florida would be ranked a little higher than # 12 not sure why but not to bad.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Having gone through the rest of the slides... I call BS on this whole thing. Other than placing the Constitutional Carry states at the top, I disagree with almost every rank on the list.

Reactions: DMan

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Having gone through the rest of the slides... I call BS on this whole thing. Other than placing the Constitutional Carry states at the top, I disagree with almost every rank on the list.
So ...you're saying ...what exactly?

Should Washington DC be rated higher? Maybe Hawaii? Texas too low or too high? What exactly do you mean by BS?

Or did your home state rank too low?

Just curious here

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.