Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard that a man in NY got his gunfiscated and later announced they made a mistake. The guy is suing.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Do you have a source for them admitting a mistake?

Last I heard they were sticking to their story.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Maybe they thought they'd get away with it? A test case? Then it would be a good start for widespread confiscation.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Just heard that a man in NY got his gunfiscated and later announced they made a mistake. The guy is suing.
Not a lot of detail, there. Hard to comment, other than in such situations the courts are the recourse we've got.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was on fox news. The news reported that they had made a mistake. I guess they can do background checks based on care workers, nurses, doctors, etc opinions. Not good. The news said that they have flaws in this. I am not good at posting info but a search should bring it up.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Unfortunately all these laws of "good intention" can be used by ambitious pols and "crimefighters to further a political agenda.

btw thanks for the source.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Good idea to have a full list of all your makes, models and serial numbers, stored somewhere safe away from the guns, just in case they get taken and not all returned.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Good idea to have a full list of all your makes, models and serial numbers, stored somewhere safe away from the guns, just in case they get taken and not all returned.
^ This. :yup:

It's simple enough to create a document that contains the basic info and a couple of photos for every gun in the stable, and then simply store that file on one of the little USB "thumb" drives. A copy can be kept locally, in the safe deposit box, and perhaps elsewhere. Works very well, and doesn't require a lot of effort (if done at time of each purchase/sale).

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
In the matter of the recent NY gun laws and attitutes, I hope it's an expensive "mistake."

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Meanwhile, I'd sure like to know the stats on the robberies and shootings that have happened and that are happening in NY by criminals during these times of expended resources. :tired:

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
So make a long story short, Did he get his guns returned to him or is he stuck with a paper receipt?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
"Sorry, man, we melted them all down before we found out we had the wrong guy. We're going to compensate you with what we think the value of the firearms was worth. Here's a $25 gift card to a vegetarian eatery. We were going to give you a coupon booklet to McDonald's, but we don't think you should be eating fries and sodas."

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
As an army combat veteran, I have sought VA counseling of my own free will for the last 5 years. Why? Because I can..... Its nice to be able to talk to someone who has an understanding of what I have been through, and i get to ***** about anything i want ! Its like having a wife who listens but Im not actually married !...jk :) If they try and claim I am crazy and take my guns based on something as stupid as this..... you will hear about me on the news.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts