Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe the IDIOCY that spews forth from Kaliforniastan!!!

Ammunition for gun rights?: Question of the week - LA Daily News

Last week, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a controversial new law that tightens restrictions on the sales of handgun ammunition.

The law requires gun dealers to record and keep the drivers license number and thumbprint of those who buy handgun ammunition. It prohibits direct sales of ammunition to Californians who order by mail or Internet and makes it illegal to sell handgun ammunition to anyone prohibited from owning a gun.

It also makes it illegal for anyone subject to a gang injunction to own handgun ammunition.

Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland and Sacramento already have similar measures on the books, but determined buyers could amble outside the cities' jurisdiction and make their purchases.

The mantra from law enforcement now is "Guns don't kill people, ammo does."

Gun owners and lobbyists say this will do nothing but create paperwork.

What do you think? Is more and more restrictions and barriers on guns and ammunition keeping you safer? Is there a limit to how much regulation is good, or have we already passed that point?

Weigh in on this controversial topic.

Send your responses to [email protected]. Please include your full name, the community or city you live in, and a daytime phone number. We'll print as many responses as we can in Sunday's Opinionated section.

·
Super Moderator
17,269 Posts
I bet there is going a lot more traffic across the California and Nevada and Arizona borders, wonder if California will be checking for ammo smugglers next.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
California can't afford to keep existing criminals in jail and the state wants to spend more resources to lord over ammo sales shelves managers and consumers to create more criminals :questionmark:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Anyone want to start an ammo store with me situated on the Nevada/Kalifornia border? Me thinks that it would do well...if we could get ammo that is.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Unfortunately CA has been the starting point of a disturbing amount of new national laws and standards.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Unfortunately CA has been the starting point of a disturbing amount of new national laws and standards.
Yup, watch what happens in CA, cause it may be coming soon to a state near you. :hand1:

Ammo was just barely starting to come back on the shelves. Forget about finding any in CA between now and when this goes into effect.

After that, forget about finding any ammo in NV, AZ, OR.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I strongly disagree with this law. It makes ammo purchases more difficult for law-abiding gun owners, and certainly does create a vast amount of paperwork and bureaucracy that in reality does little to prevent crime; it just fills up file cabinets.

It's another example of political posturing. Again, the politicians are pretending to do something about crime, by enacting politically convenient gun control, rather than actually doing what is necessary, which might not be politically convenient.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
If I understand this correctly, the criminals who already have illegal guns, now cannot legally buy ammo?
I guess those criminals will now have to steal ammo when they steal the guns...wait a minute, they already do that...so this will only effect the honest citizen?
What a brilliant move...what a bunch of legislative 'maroooons'.:hand1::banned:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Ammo Sales

I bet there is going a lot more traffic across the California and Nevada and Arizona borders, wonder if California will be checking for ammo smugglers next.
I posted a reply to this in another thread. The only thing this law will do is make ANYONE seeking ammo travel to the neighboring states of Kalifornia (OR/NV/AZ). This will only make the ammo shortage that much more acute! What was the "Guv" thinking when he signed this bill into law?

The only good that will come of this law is that it will benefit the economies of the neighboring states when it comes to ammunition sales. I'm not looking forward to seeing more empty ammo shelves here in Vegas!

Thanks Arnold!!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
I was watching Oakland gang wars last night on discovery. I've been to Oakland a few times. It's a scary place. If politicians really cared about people, they would provide firearms and firearm training because that's the only thing that is going to stop what is going on over there.

It's like an oil well fire... the only way to put it out is with dynamite!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
After a while of trying to manipulate the statistics, crime will escalate rather than contract. Watch for Kalifornia lawmakers go after the hardware (again). Back in the day, alcohol was deemed to be the root of bad human behavior. That didn't work and this won't either. It amazes me the level of stupidity and ignorance demonstrated by our elected officials. The BG's will have free reign to do what they want (still) and the honest citizens will go to jail for defending themselves with "illegal ammunition." Freaking idiots..............

1 - 14 of 14 Posts