Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
That's what the whole thing in Benghazi was about..... Hillary and Obama putting weapons thru Libya , and then on to Syrian rebels. Why do people think the CIA were there and what the "building" protected by them was all about, and why they didn't want it left unprotected ? That's been admitted, it's not a conspiracy theory. I felt they probably tried to get the US Ambassador as a hostage and trading chip for the guns.

The whole thing of trying to figure out routes, storage areas, etc. has been going on since then. Anyone inside, could also steal them and put them on the black market.... in any country they go thru.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you saw the movie "Charlie Wilson's War" with Tom Hanks, you see that we have done more then enough damage when we supplied any side of any conflict. We gave Stinger SAM's to the Taliban for gosh sake. Now how dumb is that?
Reagan's involvement with Nicaragua cost the career of a promising young Lt Colonel. And darn near a major crisis to the presidency. Since WWII, we have gotten into consistent messes when our "Humanitarian Natures" have gotten people involved and almost killed. Syria is a Moslem killing Moslem. Let em all die and have God Sort it out. We do not good decreasing any one else's body count.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Over the past couple years I've noticed AR type rifles more frequently in the Syria/Iraq region. Obviously they came from the US to start with but I figured the Iraqis or other countries were re-selling them. Of course the Chinese started making a good AR copy about 20 years ago.

The arms trade is pretty murky and the US has been in it covertly for many decades.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
We gave Stinger SAM's to the Taliban for gosh sake. Now how dumb is that?
Actually the Taliban were later. They were extremely critical of the mujahideen that the US had armed against the Soviets. From Wikipedia:

"...the mujahideen did not establish a united government, and many of the larger mujahideen groups began to fight each other over power in Kabul. After several years of devastating fighting, a village mullah named Mohammed Omar organized a new armed movement with the backing of Pakistan. This movement became known as the Taliban ("students" in Pashto), referring to how most Taliban had grown up in refugee camps in Pakistan during the 1980s and were taught in the Saudi-backed Wahhabi madrassas, religious schools known for teaching an orthodox interpretation of Islam. Veteran mujahideen confronted this radical splinter group in 1996."

Reactions: LtBlue425

·
Registered
93 Posts
Since this type of junk has been going on all my life, why would it be different if Obama said it would be under control? Hello, CIA. Don't give guns to anyone. Your agency seems to be too stupid to do it properly. CIA should be on the no fly list.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Maybe they should conducting Buy Back operations instead of handing out weapons?? Just a random thought.

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Maybe they should conducting Buy Back operations instead of handing out weapons?? Just a random thought.
Good idea. Why not try out that "Australian Plan" Hillary is so fond of in Syria and see how well it works there before trying it here? As I have always believed, Gun Control is not about guns. It is about control.

·
Premium Member
4,867 Posts
Gee, it's not like the CIA hasn't made that mistake before.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts