Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just browsing around at THR and saw a thread that got me thinking. I know, my wife keeps saying that thought leads to action and action leads to trouble for me. But back to the topic. What is the one firearm that you have gotten rid of, sold, traded or what ever and wish that you still had? For me it was a Dan Wesson Pistol Pack. 357 Magnum revolver with three interchangeable barrels, a 4", 6" and 8" bull barrels. Three different wood grips, interchangeable site blades and a presentation case. Sold it in a moment of stupidity and have regretted it ever since. So please, tell me I am not the only one to do such a thing.
Mike

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Not alone Mike - in my case tho there are two sides to my story.

First off was all the 24 or so handguns that ''went'' back in '97 thx to UK Gov't cancelling my ''privelage'' to keep same. Every damn one lost was pain and anguish.

Second tho - what you refer to - what went that shouldn't have!? I relinquished just a few I regret moving on. I used to shoot comp .22 target rifle - and had a fully tricked out BSA (Martini action) MkII - that was traded when I got my first M27 - but regret its loss even tho no longer target shooting - it was simply - a superb rifle. Damn - if a mere .22lr could ever be a sniper rifle this was it!

Also moved on a simple folder .410 shotgun - single shot, not very valuable but a wonderful yard gun.

Traded a half decent K98 Mauser with .308 conversion - again not too valuable but I was crazy to lose it - it was good enough to be a deer rifle.

Most other stuff in recent years - mostly aquisition and minimal selling. Thus a good collection once more - and some :smile:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
None for me really guess i could have kept my sig for a range gun but it went for a 1911 now ones i regret buying is a differt post i think ill go start :)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
24 OUCH. Man that must have been a tough bullet to bite. I hope we never have to see what that felt like.
Mike

·
Registered
940 Posts
I should have kept the 60s Hi-Power with target sights. I traded it to get a real P-35, but the other one shot so much better.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I wish I wouldnt of sold my Kimber Gold Combat II

:(

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
the late '70's Mini-14 that I picked up for $250... :frown:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Winchester 30wcf(30-30) factory engraved and carved stock. H&R 22 pistol
25-20 sadle ring carbine, 38-40 carbine.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Gone But Not Forgotten

My two Auto-Mag pistols. one was a .44, the other was a Lee Jurras .357, both 6 inchers.

Also a sweet late 1950s Colt Dick Special with a 3 inch barrel.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I will always regret selling off my first HK P9S...accurate and reliable..... (my second one is not unfortunately) and my first generation Colt Detective Special....the barrel was shot out, but it had the single best trigger pull my fingers will ever experience.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
My 3 screw Ruger Blackhawk w/ 4 5/8" barrel in 357. My Remington 700BDL in 7m/m Mag. Both stolen in a burglary.

The one that hurts me the most tho is a Crossman Model 610 .22 cal pellet rifle. My very first gun. 850fps with a 22 pellet, very lethal on jackrabbits and smaller game including several thousand birds and a Possum. Had to sell it to eat many years ago and it's no longer made.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Remembered A Few More

Mustn't forget my S&W M29-2, 6.5 inch.

Then there was a dandy little Walther PPK (not a PPK/S) in .380.

And a 2nd Generation Colt Single Action Army in .44 Special.

Last but not least, a Star PD .45 ACP.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well glad I'm not the only one with a few regrets. When my wife left law enforcement she sold an old chief special that looked a little rough but she shot it so well. Now that we in Missouri can carry concealed she is constantly regretting that sale. Lets hear a few more tales of woe.
Mike

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Somtimes when you are away overseas, other people sell your guns. I found this causes extreme stress in the family.

·
Administrator
143,575 Posts
Hummmmmmm

My old First Edition DETONICS .45
My trusty S&W BODYGUARD
My .357 Police Service Six
My Colt Light Weight Officers Model

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Sometimes when you are away overseas, other people sell your guns.
Holy moly - hardly know what to say to that! If I am dead then fine - sell and distribute but being away and having them sold from under you - man, that is something else.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Most of the things I had of any value were sold or broken when I returned.
I guess they thought I would end up in Nam and get killed. Sort of had me dead and buried. My brothers said "Didn't think you were coming back".

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sorry to get general here but I will have to say...

All the guns my ex-wife decided was "marital property" and sold while I was away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, soory but I had to vent.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts