Think we affected the poll?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think so.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have been thinking about these "polls" for the last year, the way they are presented, monitored, reported on, and the normally lopsided results. I think we all know that the 90/10 outcomes of these polls are probably not a true representation of the general public. Face it.... we stack the vote, because we can. These things generally do not get reported to the public at large with the exception of the internet site they originate on, and it should be obvious by now to the pollsters that their polls will get flooded by the pro-gun community. It just doesn't seem logical that a major media outlet that is generally anti-gun, anti-2A, would graciously and knowingly give the pro-gun, pro-2A community a soapbox without a deeper seated motive. We, in the "gun community", may disagree with them on political issues, legal issues, moral issues, etc., and consider them ignorant of certain facts, but I don't think we should consider them to be stupid. For a short time I wondered if these polls were just a ploy on their (media outlets) to get a larger segment of the public to visit their internet sites. From a sheer capitalist standpoint it wouldn't matter to them if you actually read any of their articles or not, the site count visit is where the money factor comes from (if I understand the economics of the internet). If not for economics, are these polls actually an attempt to further a political agenda and the data from them can be used in some wild statistical manner to aid them at some future point in time? Or, could there be something even deeper, either currently or future, where tracking cookies are used to monitor respondents internet habits or just logging ISP's for some demographic study or worse, be made available to a larger database?

Yes, I know, it may sound like "black helicopter mentality", but I'll confess that as I get older, I get much more cynical.

surv

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Done.

Yes = 90%
No = 9%

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yes 91, No 8. Saturday the 21st.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts