Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
you'd think that would have done their research a little better. I guess, the people that are watching this and fearful of it are the people who are too scared to do their own research.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Those things can present a dicey situation. I agree with the guy when he insinuated that a pink gun is no more deadly than a black gun.

But at the same time, I can see this as being total fuel for the anti-gun crowd too. And I can see an incident where a cop does not shoot because he sees a green and pink gun in the hand of some 16 year old, and ends up shot at.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
They still look like firearms to me.

Read California's law:

12020 thru 12040 Unlawful Carrying and Possession - Dangerous Weapons Control Laws - Dangerous Weapons Control Laws - Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

2020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any cane gun or wallet gun, any undetectable firearm, any firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a firearm,

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Anything of roughly gun shape, size, coloring that is put into use by someone as if it were a firearm is, for all intents and purposes, a firearm. And it should be treated the same, IMO, if attempted to be used as if it were.

They still look like firearms to me.
In the heat of the moment when a "toy" is being used by someone as if it were real ... absolutely. Cops make this "mistake" all the time. So would most folks, in a similar situation. Anyone attempting to pass off a toy as real should be treated as someone with a real one.

In short, if a "toy" gun is pulled by an aggressive felon in a robbery situation, I'm not going to be mewling about how the darned thing is a toy. I'm going to see a robbery and treat it as such.

Now, there are kids running around with toys who obviously are treating them as toys. Then, there are some kids with a "cable TV" type upbringing that put a bit more realism into their playing, such that the toys don't appear so playful any longer ... because of the more-realistic usage. At some point, the tables turn and they are, for all intents and purposes, real.

As for the new report, their little details were clouded by ignorance that could easily be resolved by spending a weekend in a gun safety and handling course, which would dispel most of the untruths they've obviously swallowed in their upbringing. Same ol', same ol'.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I like the colors and the customizing of firearms. That said none of then look like a toy to me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
What about BB guns that look like real guns. They are everywhere, and kids can buy those.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Kids that would think it looked like a toy should not have access to it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
When a cop has less than 1sec to decide if they are going to shoot or not, they definitely don't need to second guess whether the gun is real or not.

This woman would have been shot by 50% of the cops out there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
When a cop has less than 1sec to decide if they are going to shoot or not, they definitely don't need to second guess whether the gun is real or not.

This woman would have been shot by 50% of the cops out there.
Looked like a gun and didn't have an orange tip, unfortunately, I would have shot under those circumstances.

You hesitate, you get shot.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Looked like a gun and didn't have an orange tip, unfortunately, I would have shot under those circumstances.

You hesitate, you get shot.
I agree 100%. I'm not sure what she was thinking but in the same situation, I would have probably taken the shot as well.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Gee, last year it was black rifles that were the most dangerous, this year I guess the pimk ones are. This is facet of ballistics that they never even mentioned in my physics courses.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Bottom line...

Don't point anything at a cop, just raise your hands and do as ordered or you may be writing checks with your actions (or your mouth) that your rear end can't cash...your 'foolish' actions could require bandaids.:blink:

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
"It's not illegal..."

It is in NYC IIRC. Bloomy's Color Code of Deadly Weapons.

Give the rest of society time to catch up.

Hey maybe each caliber should have it's own color.

·
Registered
41,329 Posts
So if someone pulls a pink gun on you, do you shoot ... or laugh?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts