Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S&W Baby Chief, she turns 64 this year.

BabychiefRSCN0062.jpg

Colt Govt. Model 1911, she turns 99 this year.

RSCN0684.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Colt Police Positive 38 circa 1914.

IMG_0089 (1).jpg

Reactions: anglertoo

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
The only guns I will NEVER part with are the heirloom stuff, the rest is pretty much replaceable

Not the best picture, but the 1923 Commercial Luger in 7.65 Luger isn't going anywhere, been in my family since before WW2. I reload for it, and occasionally shoot it during show and tell sessions.

The top Colt SAA in .45Colt, same story been in my family for 4 generations:

AH Fox 20GA SxS that's been in my family forever, 4 generations have learned to shoot with this gun. About 12 years ago I had it restored and upgraded by Doug Turnbull (took close to 2 years). Went to a stockmaker and had the gun fit to me while wearing my favorite upland coat for the measurements:

Chuck

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
32 mag s&w NIB that's about it ..though a lot of the pre band esp the AUGs don't get fired much

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
I have quite a few that don't get shot much. They are mostly Family guns That I will pass on when the time comes. I have a Colt 25 auto that was owned by a Great Great Aunt. She was a Cook in the Alaskan Mining camps. It was well carried in a Crown Royal bag. I have the bag too. My Great Grandmothers gun was a Walther PP, It was left at her house by a former boyfriend. [ evidently his wife wouldn't let him retrieve it!] And I have a few that belonged to moms Cowboy uncles. They don't get shot much because they are in 44-40 and 38-40. I just don't have much ammo for them. I also have a few old guns that were made for Black Powder cartridges that don't get shot much either. All of them shoot well enough, I just don't! DR

·
Super Moderator
18,421 Posts
If it lives here, it's subject to being shot, as much or as little as whims dictate.

None are left out.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I have an 1899 Remington shotgun with damascus barrels I am in no hurry to shoot.

I stopped shooting the issue state 1898 Krag (with Rock Island sling) that also was my Grandpa's. Though I used to shoot it pretty regular.

I also have his 1917 Colt 1911. I have shot that in the last 10 years but as mentioned above - it will be 100 years old next year and is all original so I have retired it for posterity.

I have a Dutch Beaumont-Vitali m71/88 rifle I would shoot if I could find 11mm x 52R ammo! No idea how it came to be in the family but my Mother's side was Dutch (Neatherlands Dutch).

·
Registered
23 Posts
My father's Ruger Mk-1, circa 1961, that he used while on the pistol target team at USMA.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I've got a couple that were passed down from my grandfathers. One is a black powder cartridge 12 gauge double barreled shotgun handmade in London in 1853. My grandfather got it from the local constable in the 1920s. Another is an Iver Johnson 38 S&W caliber break top revolver that he got from a Boston Police Officer.

·
Registered
748 Posts
S&W 940, 9mm J-Frame, Classic One of Kind Pistol.

S&W 5946, 9mm, I fell into the DAO defense trend and purchased it, had some really good custom work done on it..keeper.

Sig 228, 9mm, well it is a SIG SAUER, need I say more.

Beretta 92F/92D/92G Compacts, all have had some custom work done. Plus they have a very strong sentimental value.

Beretta 92D Centurion, stowed with my SHTF tactical vest.

Beretta 92 FS Brigadier, old HD pistol, custom work, too excellent of a pistol to get rid of..

·
Registered
140 Posts
A 1914 P-08 Luger in 9mm. Used in both World Wars. Was able to trace the serial a few years back. Was taken off of a dead German officer and brought back to the US. My father bought it in 1963 from the son of the man who brought it back.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Vulcan double barrel(grandfathers), English musket(grandmothers), 38 and 32 S & W that was my grandfathers and my wife's grandfathers. 22 pistol of my dad's, also his sweet 16.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I wish there had been a gun guy before my Pop so I would have cool stuff. All my gear is pretty newish built at least since early 80s. all my handguns are newer then 2005 so I don't have any non shooters. a few years ago I let me Remington Rand 1911 go back to the owner before me. maybe some day my grand kids will have some cool stuff to show off and not shoot if I don't take it all with me on the burning long boat to Valhalla.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Would never sell my dad's revolvers he used during his LEO career.

IMG_20160530_105936325.jpg IMG_20160530_105828367.jpg

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
I shoot all of my guns but rarely shoot the first pistol I ever bought. My KP90DC is a soft shooting tack driver but I rarely shoot it because 45 ACP costs too much IMO and I pretty much never carry the gun. But it was my first so it isn't going anywhere.

This isn't my personal gun but that is pretty much what it looks like.
P90apple.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts