Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished reading a very positive thread about Gunzilla. I have been a die hard user of Eezox for gun care. Can anybody compare these two products pro and con? Any and all comments welcome.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Sounds to me like you'd be a prime candidate for the research and testing. I've personally never heard of Eezox, but after I started using Gunzilla, I forgot all of the other products I had ever used on my firearms.

Reactions: shooterX

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
I agree with RamRod on the Gunzilla...never heard of the other stuff either.:22a:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I too agree with RamRod and RetSupt. I am a recent convert to Gunzilla, and I think it's a great product and does the job!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ring Just the kind of objective information I am looking for. Does Gunzilla have any analagous data?

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Ring Just the kind of objective information I am looking for. Does Gunzilla have any analagous data?
I'm not sure but there are several hundred satisfied users on this forum,I too am a gunzilla user,use it on all my guns,and I got a bunch

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I don't know about Eezox, but, I recently converted to Gunzilla and I'm now a believer. The stuff works really well.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
According to the company MSDS, Eezox contains mostly the chemical compound trichloroethylene.

According to Wikipedia, trichloroethylene is a chlorinated hydrocarbon commonly used as an industrial solvent.

Pioneered by Imperial Chemical Industries in Britain, its development was hailed as an anesthetic revolution.

Trichloroethylene use was nonetheless soon found to have several pitfalls. These included promotion of cardiac arrhythmias, too low a volatility for quick anesthetic induction, reactions with soda lime used in carbon dioxide absorbing systems, prolonged neurologic dysfunction when used with soda lime, and evidence of hepatotoxicity as had been found with chloroform.

Due to concerns about its toxicity, the use of trichloroethylene in the food and pharmaceutical industries has been banned in much of the world since the 1970s. Legislation has forced the substitution of trichloroethylene in many processes in Europe as the chemical was classified as a carcinogen carrying an R45 risk phrase.

Gunzilla is Organic, made from natural based materials and contains no water, no petroleum and no hazardous chemicals.

That all aside...

Gunzilla is a very good cleaner as it actually the bond of the carbon molecules and turns them into a liquid.

It in non ionic so dust and dirt/sand do not collect on it.

As for a cleaner, lubricant and protectant here is some info on Gunzilla.

www.gunzilla.us/tests.htm

Gunzilla was tested against CLP since Gunzilla was develpoed for the military and the current product the military issues is CLP.

As for me I'm staying with Gunzilla.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Awesome thread!

I can tell you because of your info i will no longer be using Remoil. I even used it to coat my waverunner engines after use. But not anymore. Even though the Eezox looks really good I think I'll stick with the Break-Free CLP.

Thanks for the great info on the moisture tests!! :hand10:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TapRackBang

Great post! That is really compelling evidence to move away from Eezox. Many thanks:danceban:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got my Gunzilla and used it to clean my 'clean' pistols & AR. Surprizingly, what i thought was clean was not so clean afterall.I put Gunzilla on a patch and ran it thru the barrel . When i pulled out the patch it still had some carbon deposits on it. What a great product AND NO funky smell! I was using Ed's Red and Hoppes previously and i thought the barrels were clean! But Gunzilla was able to get almost all the crud out. Oh well i'm an OC person.
TW25B for lubing afterwards.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Gunzilla is all I use. Great product.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Eezox is a good rust preventive, but it has a terrible smell. I have to put the can in a zip lock bag. The smell of Hoppes doesn't bother me, but Eezox sure does.

I just got a bottle of Gunzilla, but haven't tried it yet.

·
Super Moderator
18,789 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is Gunzilla safe for use on wood and/or polymer (plastic) grips?

I haven't tried it with wood, but it's fine on my polymer grips. :yup:

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Yes as long as you wipe it dry after cleaning.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts