Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the search and read through the entire Gunzilla Forum.
I am looking for a up to date comparison of the two.
I use Gunzilla and love it. But I have read post about their MSDS being incomplete.
I'm wondering if it is really as safe as they claim it to be.
If so why won't they produce a complete MSDS like weaponshield does?

Also looking for the Pros and Cons of both.
I was thinking of using an additional lube ( gun butter ) with either. But I'm wondering if the cleaning agents in both products will break down the additional lube.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,570 Posts
What exactly do you find missing on their MSDS? All the important stuff is there - health effects, first aid, flash point, etc. Do you think that stating "proprietary ingredients" means it's incomplete? Coca-Cola could be accused of the same thing!

·
Administrator
143,838 Posts
I think pretty much everybody that tries Gunzilla has been very happy with it as far as results are concerned.
I don't believe there has ever been a side by size comparison between the two lubricants on DefensiveCarry.
I use WeaponShield exclusively and I have been extremely pleased with it ever since day one.

·
Registered
38,211 Posts
I've used Gunzilla for a while and it does a good job, but no better than anything else in my opinion. A can of 3-in-1 oil works as well as anything as a gun lube. I've also tried Froglube that my son gave me. It does smell nice, but it makes the recoil spring assembly so darn slick on my 6906 that I have to hold it in place during assembly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly do you find missing on their MSDS? All the important stuff is there - health effects, first aid, flash point, etc. Do you think that stating "proprietary ingredients" means it's incomplete? Coca-Cola could be accused of the same thing!
I have read pages of people questioning the safety of it. Or the fact it is all natural.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think pretty much everybody that tries Gunzilla has been very happy with it as far as results are concerned.
I don't believe there has ever been a side by size comparison between the two lubricants on DefensiveCarry.
I use WeaponShield exclusively and I have been extremely pleased with it ever since day one.
Can you use an additional lube or will the cleaning properties in both break down the additional lube?

·
Super Moderator
19,570 Posts
Real men make up and use Ed's Red... (and their wives banish them to the garage!)

·
Administrator
143,838 Posts
I have used Jardine's Extreme in combination with WeaponShield without a problem but, later decided that it just was not necessary and that was the reason that I stopped using Jardine's on my rails.

As stated above - now I am only using WeaponShield. As far as using any two differing lubricants (combined) I think you will just need to do your own testing.

Possibly you will invent something new and better. :biggrin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts