·
Registered
34,001 Posts
Faked gun flashes.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
317 Posts
Looks staged to me. As OldVet points out, faked gun flashes. No blood from multiple hits? Could it have been a training scenario?

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
I was interested in the Twitter account:

Bobby Dino "As Real As It Gets: Author, International Speaker, Founder, Consultant, and Businessman. A Convict-turned-Conqueror who shows men how to be Men."

He apparently did time from 2000 to 2010 for some violent crime in California. Now he teaches life lessons he learned in the joint to normal people about how to live their lives. That's all we need, ex-cons teaching people how to live their lives. In the video linked in the OP, whether it is fake or not, he praises the shooter for his SA and reaction, but doesn't even mention that the guy kept shooting after the person he shot was no longer a threat. Yeah, there's a lesson more people should learn...NOT!

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Not really sure which is the GG and which is the BG
Uhh! they are/were both bad guys. No good guy in that fight. But the guy who took down the guy in red did know how to do it. Watch his back of leg trip.

Reactions: HotBrass45

·
Registered
841 Posts
It was a demonstration. I'm sure of it.
But it may have been staged in a real place, in front of unwitting onlookers.

As others have stated: No blood, no spatter, no holes. Also, the "corpse" didn't bounce, when follow-up bullets made their hits.

Nice demonstration of unarmed disarm, though. I'm impressed with the technique.

·
Banned
250 Posts
- OMG
- It is NOT 'staged'!
- Just because it was THE MOST AMAZING SELF DEFENSE DISARMING ever caught on video doesn't mean you can jealously call it 'staged' simply because there's no chance you could pull of what he did

- the video is from Brazil (surprise)
- the bad guy is in red and pulls a gun on an unarmed man
- the GG controls the gun with the weak hand (left) while going to town on the ears with the strong hand (right)

- the good guy then goes into a basic judo trip
- how the GG ended up with the gun can be argued to be skill, luck, or both, but he ended up with it

- this is a combination of a very skilled and practiced martial artist and person familar with a gun

- 'lack of blood'? the BG is WET UP on his upper back near his neck when he falls...

- give this guy props it is simply AMAZING!

- martial artists train to disarm bad guys with guns all the time..constantly... this guy had his MA training down for REAL... superb...

- now I need to enroll in a judo class lol... seriously...

·
Banned
250 Posts
he praises the shooter for his SA and reaction, but doesn't even mention that the guy kept shooting after the person he shot was no longer a threat. Yeah, there's a lesson more people should learn...NOT!

- bullox.

- the BG pulled a GUN on an unarmed man and tried to MURDER HIM in front of 15 witnesses
- there is NO WAY you chance that scum being alive enough to pull out his 'back up gun' out of his arse-crack to get off another shot
- the GG was 1,000000% justified

- the circumstances here are beyond justified

- at first the last 4 shots may seem 'harsh', but this fool just pulled a GUN on this man and he had to FIGHT FOR HIS LITERAL LIFE...
- no way should he have chanced this fool 'coming back from the dead' and pulling out another one... WAY to many videos of GG's getting killed AFTER they think 2 or 3 shots 'stopped the threat'

- the GG in this vid STOPPED (key word) the threat... when someone seeks to murder you, law justified you can stop that intention to murder..

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
- bullox.

- the BG pulled a GUN on an unarmed man and tried to MURDER HIM in front of 15 witnesses
- there is NO WAY you chance that scum being alive enough to pull out his 'back up gun' out of his arse-crack to get off another shot
- at first the last 4 shots may seem 'harsh', but this fool just pulled a GUN on this man and he had to FIGHT FOR HIS LITERAL LIFE...
- no way should he have chanced this fool 'coming back from the dead' and pulling out another one... WAY to many videos of GG's getting killed AFTER they think 2 or 3 shots 'stopped the threat'

- the GG in this vid STOPPED (key word) the threat... when someone seeks to murder you, law justified you can stop that intention to murder...
I recommend, for your sake, you read up more carefully on SD law. Every SD shooting is in defense of one's "literal life." That fact doesn't make this case special. Once you have stopped the immediate threat, you cannot continue to use lethal force under the law. If you do, then you are the aggressor. Once the BG was disarmed and down, the immediate threat was over. The defender might have gotten away with the first shot, but maybe not even that.

Your statement that "when someone seeks to murder you, law justified you can stop that intention to murder..." is not true. You will not find that wording in any state statute. There are three legal elements to a lethal threat. "Seeking to murder" is just one, as you say "intention." To claim self defense, the attacker also needs "opportunity" and "ability." The attackers' ability ceased when he was on the ground, disarmed. The idea that he "might" pull a backup gun has no basis in fact, unless he makes some move that might indicate that is what is happening.

In most, if not all, US jurisdictions, the defender/shooter would have been charged with some form of felony homicide.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The strange part for me is the BG draws right handed but the gun is taken from his left hand. There is less than 1 second where the BG moves his left hand, while under attack by the GG, and this is when he transfers the gun to his left hand? On top of that the BG makes the transfer into a shooting grip? In less than a second while under attack? Plus the BG drew the gun right handed which ended up being the hand away from the GG. Why would the BG move to the gun to the left hand this is being used to push off the GG? I'm certainly no expert but the left hand is used to defend yourself from punches, etc and you shoot from retention.

I used the BG/GG terms loosely!

I watched the video some more and it almost looks like the BG hands the gun to the GG! I wish there was a camera angle from the other direction.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If this was not staged, then it was clear that the guy in red drew without any intent to shoot. He drew to intimidate, which is stupid. Otherwise he would have fired as soon as the guy in blue swung at him. His attempt at intimidation cost him his life.

If this happened in my state the guy in blue would be guilty of murder especially having fired multiple rounds to the head of the guy in red when he was already down.

The complete incompetence of the guy in red suggests that either he was on something, or this was a staged demonstration.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The shooting looks odd - the multiple shots into the BG's back and head, with no sign of bullet impact. However, the reaction of the bystanders looks pretty real - slow to react, then panicky after the fact. This video apparently comes from Brazil, where such things seem to happen with frightening regularity.

Inconclusive.

·
Banned
250 Posts
- bullox.

- the GG in this vid STOPPED (key word) the threat... when someone seeks to murder you, law justified you can stop that intention to murder...
I recommend, for your sake, you read up more carefully on SD law. Every SD shooting is in defense of one's "literal life." That fact doesn't make this case special. Once you have stopped the immediate threat, you cannot continue to use lethal force under the law. If you do, then you are the aggressor. Once the BG was disarmed and down, the immediate threat was over. The defender might have gotten away with the first shot, but maybe not even that.

Your statement that "when someone seeks to murder you, law justified you can stop that intention to murder..." is not true. You will not find that wording in any state statute. There are three legal elements to a lethal threat. "Seeking to murder" is just one, as you say "intention." To claim self defense, the attacker also needs "opportunity" and "ability." The attackers' ability ceased when he was on the ground, disarmed. The idea that he "might" pull a backup gun has no basis in fact, unless he makes some move that might indicate that is what is happening.

In most, if not all, US jurisdictions, the defender/shooter would have been charged with some form of felony homicide.

Nope.

Self defense always brings into account reason.

Is it reasonable to believe that a man who pulls a gun on an unarmed man seeks to murder him

Yes.

Therefore self defense murder is justified.

What you need to understand is that the good guy was justified in MURDERING the BG in this case.. not simply 'stopping the threat'..

Again PLEASE look up YouTube videos of people who only shot 2 or 3 times and ended up getting shot and killed by the BG...

This is why cops empty a magazine into someone when some criminal decides to murder them...

Cops and prosecutors are not snowflakes.. they see this sort of thing daily. All they see is bad guy tried to murder, so gg is justified in self defense murder.. they're not gonna be like 'omg why didn't he stop shooting once pablo Escobar was on the ground'...

They're gonna be like 'that's what I would have done to that bg too...'

A gg in philly just killed an armed robber and shot him like 13 times at point blank.. NO CHARGES... it is lawful to use lethal force against lethal force... and lethal does not mean 'stop the threat'

The bg in this video was no unarmed angel.

·
Banned
250 Posts
The shooting looks odd - the multiple shots into the BG's back and head, with no sign of bullet impact. However, the reaction of the bystanders looks pretty real - slow to react, then panicky after the fact. This video apparently comes from Brazil, where such things seem to happen with frightening regularity.

Inconclusive.

Um.. I think all the 'it's fake people' need to realize that Pablo Escobar is wearing a bright red shirt, and has black hair...

It's real

This is typical Brazilian criminality

Look at Escobar's upper back at the end.. its wet.. that's blood

The reactions are as real as it gets... everyone covers ears and goes into panic...

People only think this video is fake because its simply the best disarming self defense video ever seen on the internet... ie jealousy.

Everybody should give the gg his props and learn from the video.. ie enroll in a disarming self defense class

1 - 20 of 38 Posts