Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys carry in gym pants or gym shorts? Talking about thin, light material with a drawstring.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I don't carry IWB or OWB with these types of pants. Need a good belt to support the fire arm. Fanny pack or some ither type of carry method would be you best bet.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
PistolWear.com PT-One is the holster I wear when running, working out, biking and coaching my girls sports teams. The PT-Two is a good size for smaller guns.

Stretchy neoprene water resistant holster that carries nice and tight to the body.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I use a SHTF Gear holster... just make sure the gym shorts have the draw string to tighten it up. Ive gotten away with my G26 in gym shorts and under armor shirt, could hardly tell.

·
Registered
346 Posts
P238 in a belly band works great for me.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
63 Posts
I carry a Ruger LC9 in a Galco Stow-n-go in gym shorts or sweat pants. Just be sure to cinch up that draw-string enough before you leave the house!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
How do you guys carry in gym pants or gym shorts? Talking about thin, light material with a drawstring.
I've gone running in soccer shorts with compression shorts/sliders underneath, with an UnderArmour type shirt under my regular shirt. With a CrossBreed under the compression shorts, but over the undies and UA shirt, the compression shorts and drawstring of the soccer shorts under the clips of the holster was enough to keep it snug and secure even while sprinting.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pistol Wear, as recommended above, a Smart Carry has its own belt or a Remora clipless holster Home of the Original Remora No Clip IWB Concealment Holster as long as you have a good drawstring. Got 'em all and they all have their place.
Interesting. I purchased a Remora for just this purpose, to carry while working out or running in elastic waist band shorts or draw string sweatpants. So far my experience has not been good for carry of my Ruger LCP 380. First as received, the holster was tight. I mean so tight that even when IWB of a fairly tight pair of jeans with a belt the holster was coming out of the waist band along with the gun. I found a video suggesting how to loosen the holster up some, but I still find that unless the elastic waist band on shorts is very strong and wide, different than most shorts I already own, the holster still comes out with the gun. Same story with sweatpants with a draw string. I've had no problems with the gun falling out of the holster, or the gun & holster falling out, just that there does not seem to be enough drag on the holster to separate one from the other during draw.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
When at the gym or out in the garden and in gym shorts I have found this... http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/41.htm ...to work very well with my P-3AT. No problem with drawing and I hardly know the gun is there. I just tighten the drawstrings and all is good. The holster stays put, and the gun easily comes out.:hand9:

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
3 Speed Holster Ordered one just for that purpose. Shipped today, i will post review after a break in period Skateboard truck Symbol

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Use a nylon gun belt, put it on with the gun on it & even the mag holder, and then pull the shorts on and up ... over part of the gun... as if an IWB carry. No issues , no problems. Gun & Holster stay put as they would on any belt around your waist. Most often is when I'm home and / or out mowing, etc.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I occasionally carry my M&P Shield in my CBST wearing nylon sweat pants. They are a little long on me so what I do is wear a nylon/cloth cinch belt over the top of the sweat pants and just below the waistline and then fold the waistline of the pants over the belt. Then just wear the holster like normal. Keeps the holster from sliding around. I wouldn't wear it like this all day but for an hour or two it works great when I want to wear something with more comfort than jeans.

·
Registered
157 Posts
One word REMORA.

I carry an all steel taurus 651 on a daily basis in gym shorts, I have even jogged with it tucked in there, no gun belt needed.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have no problem running with either my Smith J Frame or LCR with a belly band. Never tried lifting while carrying. I use the gyms on Fort Bragg so I can't carry anyway.

·
Registered
624 Posts
This is when the fanny pack comes out. Being grey/bald/old, I don't care what people think it looks like.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts