Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Girlfriend is shopping for a gun. The HK P2000 has the lead right now as it fits her hand the best and she loves the LEM trigger. We have not been able to find one in either caliber for her to shoot. She did not like the recoil of a Glock 23 we rented, but does like my USP9 and P12-45.

So, what is it like... shooting the 40 v. 9mm P2000? Thanks in advance.

Kev

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
That is almost entirely my thinking - the comfort factor of 9mm compared with .40.

The ammo cost tho too is worth consideration! :smile:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
i personaly dont like the 40 think the Recoil is to much to high muzzle whip ..I havent Cared for it in any platform ive shot it in that Said i shoot it well.

I bought a 10mm and shot it today and it was more pleasurable than a 40 Glock i will even prefer a 44 mag over the 40.

My old lady shoots the 9 fine the 45 fine and doesnt like the 40 either

Its funny me saying i dont like the 40's Recoil when i shoot a 454 Casull and 500 S&W Mag.

but i dont like it

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
.40 does have a sharp recoil. Especially in a small poly framed gun. 9mm might be a better choice.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Less recoil with the 9mm P2000..............more stopping power with the 40S&W.........cheaper to shoot the 9mm.....TOUGH decision...........so buy both .....the 9mm for her..............the 40 for you !! :biggrin2:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
HMMM???? I shot the M9 in the Corps. I shoot a .380 and a .40. The .380 in the smaller gun has a little more "buck" than my Taurus in .40.

I kinda remember the 9mm having more than the .40. At least in those two guns. But then every gun is different.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all... it will probably be the 9mm, I was holding out hope for letting her shoot them both before buying but it doesn't look like that will happen.

jarhead79 said:
HMMM???? I shot the M9 in the Corps. I shoot a .380 and a .40. The .380 in the smaller gun has a little more "buck" than my Taurus in .40.

I kinda remember the 9mm having more than the .40. At least in those two guns. But then every gun is different.
The 9mm NATO rounds are pretty hot so that would explain it feeling hotter than a 40 IMO.

CLASS3NH said:
Less recoil with the 9mm P2000..............more stopping power with the 40S&W.........cheaper to shoot the 9mm.....TOUGH decision...........so buy both .....the 9mm for her..............the 40 for you !! :biggrin2:
Haha! I have zero need for a 40cal anything... I carry 45's. :tongue:

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Moon said:
Thanks all... it will probably be the 9mm, I was holding out hope for letting her shoot them both before buying but it doesn't look like that will happen.

The 9mm NATO rounds are pretty hot so that would explain it feeling hotter than a 40 IMO.

Haha! I have zero need for a 40cal anything... I carry 45's. :tongue:
Haha :haha: I carry 45s as well...........soooo how bout a USP Compact to go with that P2000? :image035:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
P95Carry said:
That is almost entirely my thinking - the comfort factor of 9mm compared with .40.

The ammo cost tho too is worth consideration! :smile:
I'm with you, Chris! Now, MY wife...I gotta keep a sharp eye on her or she'll make off with my 45's! Just wait until the girlfriend gets used to the 9mm and starts looking for a new challenge.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CLASS3NH said:
Haha :haha: I carry 45s as well...........soooo how bout a USP Compact to go with that P2000? :image035:
I already have a USP45C. :biggrin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts