Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was OC and dropped by the convenience store where my wife works. I spoke with her a moment and went on my way. After I went out the door a guy who looked like your typical white trash stoner asked her "How does he get to go around carrying open like that?" She just smiled and told him that I have a GFL and Georgia is an open carry state. He said that he has a GFL as well but every time he OCs the local cops hassle him. She looked him up and down then replied "But my husband doesn't look like a criminal." :tongue:

I wonder if Bubba learned a lesson about appearance?

·
Registered
635 Posts
LOL!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was OC and dropped by the convenience store where my wife works. I spoke with her a moment and went on my way. After I went out the door a guy who looked like your typical white trash stoner asked her "How does he get to go around carrying open like that?" She just smiled and told him that I have a GFL and Georgia is an open carry state. He said that he has a GFL as well but every time he OCs the local cops hassle him. She looked him up and down then replied "But my husband doesn't look like a criminal." :tongue:

I wonder if Bubba learned a lesson about appearance?
LMAO

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
That is priceless! :rofl:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
A little haircut go's a long way.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
:confused:

I've seen plenty of criminals who were conventionally dressed and cleanshaven.

(didn't attract cops or frighten potential victims.)

I've also met homeless vagrants who were decorated Vietnam Vets.

Probably not a good idea to stereotype people , could happen to you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Probably not a good idea to stereotype people , could happen to you.
Sterotyping, profiling, judging based on appearances, first impressions, etc...... It's a fact of life.

If someone is dressed nicely, (I don't mean fancy) with good personal hygene, reasonably polite, and not running off at the mouth; I am not saying for a minute that I would trust them if I don't know them; however, they aren't going to raise my warning radar as much as a baggy pants & wife beater wearin', tatto'ed, bling hangin', hat backwards, smart acting, loud mouth would. (note; color or race is not an issue in this judgment)
It's just the way it is.
If someone stereotypes me that's fine.
I can tell you I won't be mistaken for a gang-banger or a jihadist-terrorist if they do, so I don't care.
If someone wants to fit in with the American mainstream and not be hassled they don't really have to try all that hard to blend in.
I have no patience for people who dress & act as the above mentioned, and complain about being hassled all the time.
It really is their choice, not the fault of society.

By the way....Love the wife's response!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
:confused:

I've seen plenty of criminals who were conventionally dressed and cleanshaven.

(didn't attract cops or frighten potential victims.)

I've also met homeless vagrants who were decorated Vietnam Vets.

Probably not a good idea to stereotype people , could happen to you. :rolleyes:
I agree...but it's still comical that she said that :)

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Did he have facial piercings too? I bet he had facial piercings! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Mom always said first impressions are important

1 - 20 of 25 Posts