Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a thanksgiving function,as we were preparing to eat somebody asked where the knife was to carve the turkey:gah:,out of about 30 people I was the only one carrying a knife...Thank god the turkey was already dead ....or

·
Administrator
144,034 Posts
What? were ya having yer Thanksgiving dinner out in the woods with the Pilgrims and the Indians? :biggrin2:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Now do you prefer serrated or straight? :)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I used my lock blade folder to carve our turkey and it worked well.

In fact I use my lock blade folder for any task I would use most any other knife for.

Using a carry knife makes you much more effective with it if you ever need it for defense. The carry knife is already a part of your everyday cycle of life.

·
Registered
493 Posts
That's a good one!! I liked that

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
...out of about 30 people I was the only one carrying a knife...
It's remarkable how few people beyond our 2A circle imagine knives can be elsewhere than the kitchen drawer.

I was playing tennis recently and someone had an extraneous piece of plastic loose on her racket. I trimmed it with my EDC and she was absolutely amazed that anyone would have a knife in the pocket.

·
Super Moderator
18,131 Posts
Once upon a time, the person using the big serrated knife broke it right in the middle of the turkey. Lacking an appropriatley sized knife, I used my Kukri from Cold Steel.

It worked great, in fact, I have used it a few times when preparing wild turkeys
at camp. Best turkey knife you can imagine.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I carry a Benchmade auto Stryker. I use it for everything. It has wear everywhere. BUT should I ever really need it I won't be fumbling around either. I also have a brand new one in the safe ready to go. It makes scuffing this one easier to take.

Gunzilla works great on knives too!:king:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've used a Buck #110 to "do a number" on a couple of birds.....
Grant you... the end result would never make the cover of Better Homes & Gardens....or Martha Stewart..... but it beats a butter knife....or a spoon!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
That's a good one. :rofl: It could've been a little messy if all you had was your shotgun!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I carry multiple knives and look for daily chores to use them for lol, my own little ongoing test i guess, each knife kinda serves multiple purposes too.

·
Banned
52 Posts
I can not believe that grown men walk around without a pocketknife of some sort. If I walk out the door. I always have a knife.

·
Banned
342 Posts
I got to use my Cuisinart Electric knife for the first time since we got it for our wedding.

What a pita.....I'll use it once a year just because it's here but there's simply no substitute for a good old straight knife.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
What is really funny is that all of the tactical folders and fixed blades discussed on this forum makes mincemeat out of any common tasks. Just the other day my wife came in with a package in plastic that stuff like headphones comes in these days. You know the kind.. impossible to tear open with your hands unless you want to risk an emergency room visit.

My wife was struggling for like 5 minutes trying to open it with a pair of scissors untill I opened it with one stroke of my CRKT dragon like a hot knife through butter. I think she at that moment understood why I have knives like that and their capability for self defense is real.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts