Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the mailbox late last week and was surprised to see an envelope had come from Norway. :banana: Here they are on my Mil-Spec: Bookmatched Turkish Walnut with "Half and Half" stippling.

And in my Max-Con V - it doesn't get any better than this:

Of course, the pics don't do them justice but I've got to say the stippling is the most comfortable surface texture I've ever felt on a set of grips - it gives plenty of surface for a secure grip on the gun without being overly abrasive on the palms ... or the ribs when holstered! Fit and finish are simply outstanding and I couldn't be happier (unless I had another set :biggrin:).

Looks like I've got a new source for all my future grips.:yup:
Jack

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Those look good maclean3!

Really set's off your Springer...........:yup:

Ti.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
That's a good looking set of grips. Just curious, is the stippling on the top of the flip side, or on the bottom?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Jack - fine grips :smilez:

I have seen his work before but every time I see more I am reminded why folks get them. Lovely work.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CopperKnight said:
That's a good looking set of grips. Just curious, is the stippling on the top of the flip side, or on the bottom?
The opposite side is matching:

Kim Ahrends uses a somewhat similar approach with his "Tactical" checkering. Here's an old pic of my SA Champion w/ Ahrends' Tactical in Gaboon Ebony:

The basic idea is, your hand slides smoothly over the gripframe when reaching for the gun and as you close your hand to draw, you naturally grip into the textured portion.
Jack

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
great looking grips.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I need to get him to make some more grips for me also. I need them for the Balister and the Hi-Power.

Already have sets on my Kimber and the Star Model Super :biggrin:

Wayne

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wayne said:
I need to get him to make some more grips for me also. I need them for the Balister and the Hi-Power.

Already have sets on my Kimber and the Star Model Super :biggrin:

Wayne
Ahh, the ol' Ballerina Molester. :hand5: 9mm, isn't it?
Jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts