Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably done before but curious which trigger type most prefer in their defense pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Striker fired on all but my 1911. No real preference, just what I've been purchasing for pistols lately.

·
Registered
20,078 Posts
Like others, no real preference.

But, if you carry aiwb, it could be a comfort to place your thumb on the hammer during reholstering.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
No preference but I currently only have striker fired

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I have a strong preference for striker fired DAO pistols.

·
Super Moderator
18,789 Posts
I wish a member who felt strongly about hammer-fired and a member who felt equally strongly about striker-fired would get on here and pontificate, outlining their reasons for their preference.

I guess I voted with my dollars years ago as hammer-fired completely dominate in the handgun collection. I really don't care though.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Striker fired for me. I like having a single trigger pull from the first to the last shot. I do like hammer fired pistols that can be carried cocked and locked, but do not own any.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hammer fired. I like to be able to block the hammer using my thumb when reholstering.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Hammer fired. I like to be able to block the hammer using my thumb when reholstering.
Lik. It wile noters, no real preference.

But, if you carry aiwb, it could be a comfort to place your thumb on the hammer during reholstering.
I carry a Walther PPS. The striker extends out the back of the slide as a cocking indicator many owners place their thumb over the hole when holstering. It will not prevent the gun from inadvertently firing, but you can feel the striker pressing back if the trigger is being pulled.

I also carry hammered guns cocked and locked, and DA revolvers. As long as the trigger is good for that gun. My S&W and CZ have a little bit of trigger work.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I don't own any striker fired guns and the only one I ever shot was my sons LC9s which has a nice trigger. We never worried about DA/SA autos when we were issued them for duty guns but, then most of us grew up on revolvers and never considered the first shot "difficult". We thought of the following single action shots as a bonus is all. I prefer an exposed hammer for AIWB carry and I much prefer a trigger closer to 10 pounds than 5 for a carry gun. Not that I would not buy a striker though at some point just won't carry it in the same position.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
I have carried both types over the years but probably have more mileage on striker fired pistols. I don't really have a preference, (2) of my EDC are striker fired and (1) BUG is hammer fired. Variety is the spice of life!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts