Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so another firearm was handed down a generation just like may times before, but this time it was me. i remember when i was 14 years old and my father had this little pocket pistol that i always wanted but was never quite the smooth enough talker to get it from him. well yesterday must have been the right time and it was handed down. its a colt series 90 .380 pony in stainless, i know its not the rarest or worth the most but this means more to me then most things, alot of sentimental value behind it. anyways ill get some pics uo and let you check her out.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
that's a nice looking gun! congrats!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Pretty sweet! I'm almost sure this is a collectible. I don't know if I'd shoot it or not. Used ones are listing anywhere from $700-$950. Then the sentimental value alone. This might need to be a safe keeper.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Very nice,and those guns are pretty expensive,considering what they sold for new

·
Administrator
143,812 Posts
Great little firearm. A real breeze to carry.
Extra mags pop up for it all the time on Gunbroker.com
The Colt PONY really likes and appreciates a bit of high quality Gun Grease on the rails.
Try Jardine's Extreme.
Just Google search it.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Couldn't ask for a nicer 'hand me down'...:danceban::king:

You've found a great little pocket pistola there.:yup::hand10:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i went today and shot about 10rounds through it, and i must say it shoots like a dream, i probably wont be shooting it much to keep it in good shape. it did have some carbon inside of it were my dad shot it way long ago and just put it in a safe, so i gave it some good tlc and cleaned it up spotless. i doubt it will be a put in safe gun, but i will be taking great care of it and will probably pocket carry it a little bit. needless to say im very impressed by this little guy and also it is my first colt

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the 'hand me down'... great little pistola you got there...:yup:

Take care of it and you can 'hand it down' one day... :hand10:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think you should enjoy your gun, even if that means carrying it daily. It has some little scuffs on it anyhow and it was made to be used. I'm glad to hear it functions well, as some didn't.
You can buy magazines from Browells
www.brownells.com

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i cant believe how expensive the mags are for this little guy

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
The little Colts 380s are awsome. I think they they started production of that gun in the mid 1980s, so it's not that old. I would carry it, and get a 1911 to go with it. They are brining a lot of money right now. But that is due to supply and demand. Now that Colt is selling to the public again, and the renewed interest in 380 they could start making it again, which would likely cause value to go down. Right now they are bring $700 to over $1000. I use a Bianchi modle 100 sz 8 IWB for mine. I carry it cross draw and find it comfortable and easy to draw. You can down load the manual from Colt at no charge. Congratulations.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
The little Colts 380s are awsome. I think they they started production of that gun in the mid 1980s, so it's not that old. I would carry it, and get a 1911 to go with it. They are brining a lot of money right now. But that is due to supply and demand. Now that Colt is selling to the public again, and the renewed interest in 380 they could start making it again, which would likely cause value to go down. Right now they are bring $700 to over $1000. I use a Bianchi modle 100 sz 8 IWB for mine. I carry it cross draw and find it comfortable and easy to draw. You can down load the manual from Colt at no charge. Congratulations.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts