Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks. I've got a small Amazon safe with limited space and I'm wondering how best to store 3-5 handguns in it. I'd like something with a base that has a protruding rod that the barrels of the guns could slide onto, keep the guns parallel with the butts down. I'd like to get them sitting side by side in the safe without touching … otherwise, I'll just have to stack them, which doesn't appeal to me.

It seems like I've read on one of these forums about some homemade remedies for this problem, but I'll be darned if I can remember which forum or what the answer was. I like cheap, if it works.

Thank you.

·
Registered
8,419 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G26 - this looks perfect. Will it hold my largest handgun, a Glock 23? Others might include a Glock 42 and a Glock 27 (if I decide to buy a new one for nostalgia's sake).

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I have a cheapo Harbor Freight safe and have 2,000rnds of .45ACP,4 1911`s stacked in holsters along with all important papers in it. Was a gift from the Wife,Love her!!!!. Decent safe and stacking weapons in holsters is ok with me.

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
They make powerful rubber coated magnets designed for holding guns. If your safe is metal, they just adhere to the walls of the safe. If not, some of them have an adhesive backing. That's what I have planning on using when I get around to it.

·
Premium Member
4,327 Posts
Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
85 Posts
I considered gun racks for safe storage but opted for silicone impregnated gun socks because they took up less space, wick moisture away from the guns, and help prevent scratching.

These Sack-Ups gun socks work great in conjunction with a gold rod in my safe. They did a good job wicking away any moisture from my guns even when we were without power for two weeks following Hurricane Florence.

The sacks have little ID tags on them so I can quickly ID which gun is in which sack if I got them out of their placement order within the safe.

Hickok45 mentioned he uses gun sacks on a video and I bought my first Sack-ups 5 pack that day. I could only find the value 5-pack offering at Amazon. I just bought my sixth package.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Danger - that looks pretty good. Without looking at the specs, it might fit my little safe. And, I might use a silicone sock in addition. As of today I'm leaning away from buying a Glock 27, so I'd be storing a Glock 42 and Glock 23.2 or my Sig Sauer P365 on different occasions.

Thanks for the input everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts