Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or am I the only dork here?

Decided to walk to the ATM today. Colt Government IWB 3:30-4:00. Wallet back right pocket. Keys right front. Light hooded sweatshirt over all; about one size larger than it has to be.

After about 30-45 minutes I arrive at the ATM. Noone around-doesnt' seem this town doesn't wake up on Sunday till afternoon(guessin it's about 11:45am).

Anyways, reach back for the wallet, and it hangs up on the holster muzzle. :eek: :mad:

So, I ask the forum: When IWB, what do you do with the wallet?
:thk:

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Opposite side back pocket?

Matt

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
I carry mine in the opposite back pocket . That way no way the gun should accidently show and my weak hand is drawing my wallet.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Scratchy - I had to make the swap - having always been right side wallet carry. But tho I don't recall exposing the piece while getting wallet - it proved so awkward that I did change to left rear.

Now it seems 100% natural - plus as I go to get it, I am using weak hand - at least initially - this keeps right hand free!!

Sorry dude - ''make the change'' - way to go. :smile:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Country boy living in the big city here...I've gotten used to carrying my wallet in my left front pants pocket (I'm right handed). :wink:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
i carry a small wallent insert that has atm card Drivers Lic CCW pemit med card and nothing else goes in right front pocket since im left handed

·
Registered
92 Posts
Another switcher here...
I too had my wallet in my right rear pocket for over 30 years.
It didn't really take me that long to break the habit.
Now it's wallet left rear, spare mag left front.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I quit using a wallet 20-25 years ago. Similar to Bud, I keep cards, licenses, bills in a front pocket. Keys in the other front pocket. Nothing in rear pockets.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Left Front Pocket, sitting on one tends to give me a back ache. Stream line it all you really need is your DL, CCW card, N one CC, plus some cash.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Nothing on pants but gun, light and extra mags. The rest of the stuff stays in my vest.

·
Super Moderator
22,134 Posts
Wallet in front pocket.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I always wear my rig on the right, wallet on opposite side rear pocket.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I've always carried my wallet in left reat, so no problem with strong side carry right side. When I use a fanny pack, i sometimes put my wallet in my right front pocket so the wallet doesn't show and advertise the fanny pack's not for valuables like the wallet, etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My wallet is on my weak side. This leaves my strong side hand free to take care of business. Sometimes my flashlight carrier or mag holder do get in the way of accessing my wallet.

Man, The junk we carry sometimes . . . :smile:

My brother came over one time to go to the show with me. I was changing my carry load out from one pair of pants to the pants I was going to the show with. After I emptied out my pockets he was making snotty remarks about buying me a purse. Everyone's a critic.

·
Registered
427 Posts
scratchy,

Good point...I just ordered an IWB from Brommeland and I carry the wallet in RR pocket and spare mag in LR. I will be wearing mine on the right hip also. The idea about a smaller wallet in the RF sounds like a good solution. I think I could shrink my wallet a bit and get it in the RF pocket; mine is almost like a small file cabinet with extraneous crap. Sort of like trashing things you don't need when you move...

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Nope, never had it happen to me, as I carry my wallet in the opposite pocket (left pocket) The way, when somebody "asks" me for my wallet, I'm quick with the proper response.
Then again, If I'm in THAT type of area, I'll usually have my weapon, nicely pocketed in my hand, where it's already in play. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Holster by season?

scratchy wilson said:
When IWB, what do you do with the wallet?
:thk:
When I wear my 5.11's the back pocket is sooooo deep, it (the wallet) hits my thighs, so I usually carry my wallet in the left front as I'm right handed. In normal dress pants I carry left rear, so I sometimes show the spare mag. A bigger problem for me is sitting at a restaurant and having an arm of the chair cause my cover garment to hang up on the gun butt. I can get around this by wearing a belly bag but that gets tiresome and at times it's just not situationally appropriate. When it gets cooler, I can start wearing my Sam Andrews shoulder holster.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts