Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yesterday, one son finished his appointment, processing, for his CC permit. In a 'couple o' weeks' the mailman should be bringing an important envelope. It is a satisfying feeling knowing that. :biggrin2:

Now to work on another son, which will be more of a challenge. But at first conversation, he is seemingly willing. I just need to continue the nagging there until it comes to bear fruit.:wink:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Wish my parents were like you. I remember having to fight to get my first Air Rifle

·
Registered
368 Posts
:thumbsup:

my parents are both anti. they know I go to the range but are unaware of my CCing.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel your pain,

really! I dread the thought of one of my sons being some imbecilic wastebag's victim! I am not sure, were that to happen, that I could contain myself through the long, arduous, prosecution process. I can only imagine the incredible agony of that.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm with you, when I'm a dad I am going to make sure my children grow up around, and are comfortable (and safe!) with firearms.

My mom's favorite line is "only badguys need guns". She doesnt grasp the concept that those bad guys intend on useing the guns on SOMEONE!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Good deal carry ok

I had my daughter taking her CC course even before she was old enough to get it. When she turned 21 eight months later, she was ready to send it in. I thank God my whole family now conceals.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,

Good deal carry ok

I had my daughter taking her CC course even before she was old enough to get it. When she turned 21 eight months later, she was ready to send it in. I thank God my whole family now conceals.
I look forward to the day I can say that, hopefully.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Most of my family has or has had CCP, Even Grandma for awhile, She is in assisted living now. I have a hard time getting my wife to get hers, she did by a pistol 2 weeks ago (all her own) I had nothing to do with it except handing the guy the money. She has shot it but wasnt all that thrilled about it. She works in Child Protective Services in South Texas. I think she needs it and most of her co-workers carry. Baby steps I guess right now she is in training till April. Hope she gets it before she start traveling.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wish my parents were like you. I remember having to fight to get my first Air Rifle
My father first took me shooting when I was about seven and bought me my first 22 when I was ten. However, I can't convince him to get his CC permit for the life of me.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The same story here, Firkin....

got my first pocket knife for the eighth birthday, and first .22 single shot Revelation Rifle from Western Auto at Christmas, age ten. I had a fortunate childhood.:smile:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Our youngest son will be CC'ing in a few months when he turns 21. I encouraged him to fly to Florida for the day to apply for his permit in person so he can get it quicker. One of my Christmas present to him is an NRA Basic Pistol and CC courses. Hubby and I were sorry I did not booked him at Armed Missouri in Mt. Sterling because the crowd that I got for him for instructors are paranoid guys (his word, not mine) and by Christmas he was starting to hate having to go there. I hope when he come home to qualify for his sharpshooting exam for the army, we can get him to go with us for our NRA Personal Protection for the Home course which will coincide at the time when he is here.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In Florida....

things are getting better. My son had his appointment at a regional office, last Monday, and was told to expect that important envelope in the mail within two weeks! Best of luck to you and the family, wkientz1....:hand10:

·
Registered
258 Posts
things are getting better. My son had his appointment at a regional office, last Monday, and was told to expect that important envelope in the mail within two weeks! Best of luck to you and the family, wkientz1....:hand10:
Why...thank you kindly sir...Good luck to you and yours too, Carry OK...

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
good job dad!

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Congrats. Now, if I can only get my daughter working on hers. They way my granddauther is going, I think she'll have one before my daughter. Granddaughter loves to go shooting with me, wants to be able to defend herself, etc.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congrats. Now, if I can only get my daughter working on hers. They way my granddauther is going, I think she'll have one before my daughter. Granddaughter loves to go shooting with me, wants to be able to defend herself, etc.
Be patient...it will happen one day, sooner than you think even if you do not believe in miracles.:yup:things happens in its own good time. You can't force spring to come in the middle of winter...

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
one daughter will be soon. She see's the necessity now due to her ex.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Congrats :congrats:

One down, one to go.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts