Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm just stopping in to say hello, get the first post in and get to researching! Just a little about me, I was Navy Reserve for 6 years and got me into the world of aviation maintaining F-18's and building Apaches civilian side until recently being laid off. Now I build a CNC plasma table and working in metal as a side job until my new business takes off.

currently I don't carry nor dose the wife but I do have a M&P 40 full size police trade in as well as a few rifles and soon hopefully an AR. This crazy PC world has me thinking of carrying now. A month ago I took a ride from PHX area to Tucson, all down the I10 are several travel caution signs reading "smuggling and illegal immigration may be encountered in this area" to me this is absolutely unacceptable and a failure of the gov. to keep American citizens protected in there own country. That's a topic of its own though. So now to do the research of concealing and all the questions for a newbie carrier.

First, Arizona dose not require a permit! :):) I don't like lists or the thought of having my permit tied to my license plate for any cop to know without me telling them. I'm also concerned about the size of my current pistol and considering the shield version. I also want to know how people are concealing when sitting in the car, or riding a bike without crushing into your side/back.

Thanks in advance to any input given, ill be around researching options.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Thank you for extending the sentiment, and the same to you if applicable.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I hear what you're saying about lists, but they are generally not public, and permits are not usually tied to plates. Plates can expire and numbers can change, but your driver's license doesn't and that's what it may be tied to.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from the mountains of North Carolina :wave:

·
Registered
739 Posts
I also want to know how people are concealing when sitting in the car, or riding a bike without crushing into your side/back.

Thanks in advance to any input given, ill be around researching options.
Welcome to DC.

As to your question about carrying while driving, for me, it depends how long I expect to be driving. An hour or two and I can carry IWB at the 4:00 position with my Crossbreed or Alien Gear or Vedder holsters with my SA XDs 3.3 EDC.

If its going to be longer than that, say 3+ hours, I will go with either my shoulder rig or an ankle carry.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Welcome to DC.
I carry a sub-compact single stack 9mm most days although lately I have bern toting a 9mm compact double stack for a little more capacity. I cary both in double clip hybrids at 3:30-4:00 standing, sitting or whatever.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee! :wave:

I carry a Sig SP2022 in a shoulder rig. Car seats won't comfortably allow a belt rig.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks all! this site is amazing how much information is here, I found a link to all 50 state carry laws.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Hi kustom78! Welcome to the forum from Texas. This is a great place to learn and to share! I carry a 3rd Gen Glock 30 SF. Congrats on deciding to learn more about defensive carry and firearms and making the decision to protect yourself and your loved ones.

Thank you for your service to our country!

CANT
---------
Carry Always, Never Tell!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts