Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just would like to thank all WW ll Veterans for there service and sacrifices. I hope we don't forget that the war went on after the defeat of the Germans. Some of our most brutal battles came in the Pacific theater with the Japanese.

You are the Greatest Generation.

Thanks to all of the men and women who have served and those that are fighting now.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Yes I lost 2 uncles in WW2,I think almost every family in the world was affected

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
I am actually stationed at the place where the attack on Pearl Harbor began, (Kaneohe Bay). Here's to the Greatest Generation.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Father-in-law, we lost about 18 months ago, was 18 and stationed at Pearl during the attack... We are slowly losing them all, so sad....

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Thanks for calling the date to our attention. The horror of the war in the Pacific is just shocking, even when viewed with the filters of time and distance. A glass raised to absent relatives, friends, comrades . . .

·
Registered
53 Posts
My grandfather served on DE 635 during WWII in the Pacific Theater. Sank six subs in twelve days and was hit by a kamikaze in the latter days of the war. Annual reunions for his ship are getting smaller every year. May we never forget the Greatest Generation and what they sacrificed for us all.

·
Registered
541 Posts
You know im over here directly in the combat zone, and I dont hessitate one bit to say how rough those warriors had it,

I cant even imagine how those guys did what they did,

My hats off to each and every one of them..:35:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts