Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a SIG P226 or P250 airgun for backyard training use. However, at $100 and $75 respectively, I want them to feel nicer than something I could pick up at wally world. Has anybody given these airguns a try? How do the trigger pull weight and feel stack up to the real deal? Also, does either model come in a DA/SA configuration? I want something that will feel somewhat similar to my P229.

As a side note, I am not looking on advice on how to get used to my gun. I posted this on another forum and all I heard about was dry firing, .22 conversion kits, and laser training aids. All those are valuable training tools, but I want to be able to do some backyard plinking without my neighbors calling the police.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I had the P226 for a short time. The look and feel was a near perfect match to the real thing. Proper weight and everything. The trigger was like a weird DAO, long, notchy, and not as heavy as the real 226. The reason I got rid of it was that it just wasn't a good gun. At 10' it had a lot of pellet drop, barely enough power to punch holes in paper at 20', and accuracy was just plain bad. I was really disappointed as I carry Sigs, and wanted to use it as a trainer at home.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
If it is made by Umarex I would avoid it like the plague! I know Umarex makes a lot of licensed copies for various major manufacturers some of which I have had or handled are of dubious quality. How about a Umarex made copy of Taurus, hmmm.....:blink:

Reactions: ghost tracker

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I've seen CO2 clones on airgun shows, the M&P pistol and the Colt Peacemaker, and they seemed to function well. One guy was shooting rats with the Peacemaker. The M&P looked accurate enough on paper, but I imagine the feature of having the slide cycle meant it was using power to do it. I'm not sure how much power that one had other than paper punching. I don't recall the manufacturer. I'm sure it's listed at Pyramid Air or one of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts