Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Me too MC! Seems innovative & makes sense. Appreciate a review at your convenience! :yup:

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
I'm waiting to hear how well it works. I can't picture how it works since the Glock is striker fired. Also if it works well, tell us if you think it's worth the $100+

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I can't picture how it works since the Glock is striker fired.
Pure S.W.A.G. (silly, wild-assed, guess) from here. The mag follower must include a "recoil" devise that, upon firing pin release, provides enough rearward slide "impulse" to allow sear/trigger reset? :blink:

As for the cost? It depends on how weary you become resetting the striker for repeated dry-fire practice. If it works as advertised, I'll wish I had...invented it! :yup:

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
I have considered the laser practice devices, but they are even more expensive, IIRC.

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
865 Posts
I dry fire my Glock 17 Gen 4 and Glock 30 Gen 4. I load a snap cap into the chamber from the mag and press the trigger so the striker fires. Then I pull the slide back just slightly till the gun is cocked and release, dry fire again then repeat.

I don't have several snap caps loaded in the mag just the single snap cap that goes into the chamber when I start. I learned to pull the slide back only slightly on the Glock Talk forum. It works very well.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
915 Posts
Received today. tested in my G30SF. Works. Important to realize that the magazine contains springs and levers. You cycle the slide on the empty pistol to set the trigger. Then you insert the dry-fire magazine. Insertion is quite stiff. Then you pull the trigger for the initial release to release the trigger mechanism in the pistol and switch over to the spring mechanism in the magazine. The first trigger pull is very heavy. AFter that you are working the trigger into the magazine's spring and lever set, and not operating the pistol's striker or springs. After the initial release the magazine's springs provide the trigger pull and resistance. It is vital to understand that you are not interacting with the pistol's mehanism, and that the perceived trigger pull is due to the magazine's internal springs, not the pistol's striker spring. I ordered the "light" version of the large magazine, and the magazine's trigger pull is very similar to my G30SF's own trigger pull, as I have a Ghost connector and a 4-pound trigger spring. Once you are operating the magazine's spring and lever system, the trigger pull is consistent and the reset is very perceptible. However, the magazine does not provide a full length forward trigger travel. The trigger advances forward only a little way past reset. So the magazine works very well for dry fire without partially or fully cycling the slide. I have a TLR laser on my G30SF, so I can now easily observe the laser's stability on the target as I repeatedly dry fire (fire, reset the trigger, and fire again) with the new magazine gizmo. I don't touch the slide, I don't take my trigger finger off the trigger, I don't change the position of my off hand at all (as I am using a two-handed grip on the pistol).

So the procedure is to cycle the slide on an empty pistol, insert the magazine, pull the trigger for the initial transition from the pistol's springs to the magazine's springs, and after that the trigger is consistent and the reset is consistent for continued dry fire practice without having to touch the slide at all.

There are absolutely no modifications to the pistol required with this dry fire magazine.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Sorry about the typos, the forum isn't letting me edit my post above. I probably have my browser's security locked down too tightly.

·
Registered
10,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Received today. tested in my G30SF. Works. Important to realize that the magazine contains springs and levers. You cycle the slide on the empty pistol to set the trigger. Then you insert the dry-fire magazine. Insertion is quite stiff. Then you pull the trigger for the initial release to release the trigger mechanism in the pistol and switch over to the spring mechanism in the magazine. The first trigger pull is very heavy. AFter that you are working the trigger into the magazine's spring and lever set, and not operating the pistol's striker or springs. After the initial release the magazine's springs provide the trigger pull and resistance. It is vital to understand that you are not interacting with the pistol's mehanism, and that the perceived trigger pull is due to the magazine's internal springs, not the pistol's striker spring. I ordered the "light" version of the large magazine, and the magazine's trigger pull is very similar to my G30SF's own trigger pull, as I have a Ghost connector and a 4-pound trigger spring. Once you are operating the magazine's spring and lever system, the trigger pull is consistent and the reset is very perceptible. However, the magazine does not provide a full length forward trigger travel. The trigger advances forward only a little way past reset. So the magazine works very well for dry fire without partially or fully cycling the slide. I have a TLR laser on my G30SF, so I can now easily observe the laser's stability on the target as I repeatedly dry fire (fire, reset the trigger, and fire again) with the new magazine gizmo. I don't touch the slide, I don't take my trigger finger off the trigger, I don't change the position of my off hand at all (as I am using a two-handed grip on the pistol).

So the procedure is to cycle the slide on an empty pistol, insert the magazine, pull the trigger for the initial transition from the pistol's springs to the magazine's springs, and after that the trigger is consistent and the reset is consistent for continued dry fire practice without having to touch the slide at all.

There are absolutely no modifications to the pistol required with this dry fire magazine.
Thank you for the very detailed report!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts