Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was watching the news today on Fox I caught a glimpse of the scroll at the bottom of the screen. I didn't get the beginning of the scroll but I did see something about losing a gun permit if someone is convicted of a misdemeanor of worse.:frown: I am wondering if anyone else saw this story or has heard of it. Sounds to me like another backdoor move toward gun control.:mad:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Total news to me but sure as heck would want to know more!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Bud White said:
A speeding ticket here that you admit to and pay is reason enough for them to not issue a ccw if they like
Wow, that'd sure slow me down!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
joromu said:
As I was watching the news today on Fox I caught a glimpse of the scroll at the bottom of the screen. I didn't get the beginning of the scroll but I did see something about losing a gun permit if someone is convicted of a misdemeanor of worse.:frown: I am wondering if anyone else saw this story or has heard of it. Sounds to me like another backdoor move toward gun control.:mad:
Did you catch if the report was referring to a particular state? I'd guess that each state that issues the CCW may have somewhat different criteria for what would cause a revocation.

Most likely any violence related misdemeanor would cause a revocation in most every state, but what about a petty theft? Not sure about that but its worth checking into.

·
Registered
822 Posts
And everyone calls us "paranoid"... lets think about this.

Those that weren't allowed to have guns, on the old atf forms, were only those that were considered a felon or those that got a sentence of more then one year.

Then they "improved" the law that covered only one misdeameanor, that of domestic violence. Everyone is for this law right, especially since most DV is done against women.

DV is then expanded to include fights amongst family members, cousin on cousin, uncle on nephew, etc.. etc.. ad nasum(sp).

Then it's expanded to include non family members.. roommates, "live in" partners, bums off the street that stay in your home and then it's deemed to be "permanant residence" because they were there for three days or more.

What the heck did everyone think would happen? That it wouldn't be extended to all misdemeanors? Parking tickets, speeding tickets, your grass is too high tickets...

I wouldn't even doubt that credit reports will be used soon. They are now able to be used in anything and everything up to including whether you can rent a place to live up to and including employment.

We can't say we weren't warned of the "slippery slope" so don't be so amazed at reports such as this one.

Wayne

*sick and tired of watching more and more freedoms being taken away and more and more people just sitting by and watching them being taken.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Wayne - if we think on it, it is easy to see how ''legislation by stealth'' can so easily make criminals of us all. Once more I quote a famous piece from Ayn Rand, ''Atlas Shrugged" - it's poignant IMO!!
"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."
-- 'Atlas Shrugged' 1957

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
P95Carry said:
Once more I quote a famous piece from Ayn Rand, ''Atlas Shrugged" - it's poignant IMO!!
Thanks for the reminder Chris...it's time for me to read Atlas Shrugged again...for the fourth time...:hand10:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wayne said:
...What the heck did everyone think would happen? That it wouldn't be extended to all misdemeanors? Parking tickets, speeding tickets, your grass is too high tickets...

I wouldn't even doubt that credit reports will be used soon. They are now able to be used in anything and everything up to including whether you can rent a place to live up to and including employment.

We can't say we weren't warned of the "slippery slope" so don't be so amazed at reports such as this one.

Wayne

*sick and tired of watching more and more freedoms being taken away and more and more people just sitting by and watching them being taken.
Wayne, this is one way of keeping the sheep disarmed, yet "allow" select folks to be armed. I suspect there isn't one of us who doesn't break some law each day. Why? because there are so many of them, and often they conflict with each other, that's impossible not to.
Ms. Rand picked up on it in 1957, and it's even more true today.
I don't blame the LEOs, after all they just enforce them, it's the politicians that are the cause.
Good plan.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
In FL misdemeanors involving violence are grounds for permit denial/revocation.

Atlas Shrugged? I'll bet you can get a used copy on amazon.com for a dollar plus shipping.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Or just go to the library

1 - 13 of 13 Posts