Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a reasonable way to store an AR15 in the bedroom. I already have a gun safe in the garage, but it's at the other end of the house. Have looked at the Shotlock, but just ran across this. The only thing I don't like about it, is that you can't store your weapon loaded.

I'd be interested to hear experiences you may have with the Shotlock, this device, or other economical method to store an AR. This has to go into a walk-incloset.

AR15 Locking Wall Mount, Quick Release, M4 Safe, AR15 Safe, AR15 lock

img_6898-1.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had one for about six months. It does it's job as long as you can drill it into a stud in the wall. I feel real safe with that product protecting it if anyone ever came into my house. The screws are big and long to anchor it into the stud. Remember you can only mount it the one way that's shown in the picture. It won't mount the reverse way so keep that in mind for your location to make sure the barrel length is sufficient. Mine was sufficient by two inches, a little close but works. Get yourself a speed lock as well. This is the one i got and I really like it. Model No. 1500iD | Master Lock I got mine at Target. :smile:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Will it mount so the rifle sits vertical?

·
Registered
439 Posts
It says on their web site that it will.
Thanks. I guess I should have checked that first before asking a dumb question. Looks like a well made unit and the price is pretty good with it on sale.

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I guess I should have checked that first before asking a dumb question. Looks like a well made unit and the price is pretty good with it on sale.
There are no dumb questions. I think the hardest thing about using the internet is frequently figuring out the best way to word the question to find the information you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts