Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Not tried but - for size, and 30 lumens, does not sound bad.

Can't remember price of 2 x AA alkalines but my single 123 in E1e is $1.25. Not sure too if that clip would be reliable/useful enough.

Seems worth considering at $30.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a Streamlight Junior, not the LED version as above. Biggest drawback, the clip will come off easily; it is not securely attached to the flashlight. About the same strength light as a Maglight 2AA.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
looks good---not too big and uses AA's....
I have a Dorcy from Wally World, metal body, led, 40 lumens, 3 AA's under $20 ---just a thought

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Have'nt tried the Streamlight but I second the Dorcy, I have the smaller single lithium 123 battery 1 watt, forgot the lumen power but is a very cool little light about the same as an E1e from Surefire, the smaller Dorcy runs about $25.00 - $30.00.

Ti.

·
Registered
39 Posts
On The Streamlight JR Luxeon, it is a LED and Streamlight only uses hand pick LED's. This is a great pocket or holster light. Lifetime warranty. Streamlight actually is the manufacturer and R&D's their
products.

·
Registered
39 Posts
StandOnGuard said:
I have a Streamlight Junior, not the LED version as above. Biggest drawback, the clip will come off easily; it is not securely attached to the flashlight. About the same strength light as a Maglight 2AA.
In reference to the Maglite 2AA, No comparision as it is a incandesent bulb vs a LED. So you are comparing apples vs oranges and the life if a Bulb is 20-30 hours vs LED at 50,000 hours.
Lumens of Bulb is 15.2 vs 30 on the LED.

The JR Luxeon is not really a Tactical light for use though I would recommend the Streamlight NF-2 LED, again never a worry about
the light failing as it is a 10,000 hour 1 watt Luxeon LED. If you want a quality light about $ 59.00 this is the light to get.
http://streamlight.com/nf2_led.htm

·
Registered
195 Posts
Streamlights are a good brand...I use the Surefire G2 Nitrolons which seem to hold up well if you dont mind lithium batteries

·
Registered
39 Posts
StandOnGuard said:
Well, admittedly, yeah; I was comparing the Streamlight Jr (Non-LED) to the Maglite 2AA. A bit off topic I guess.
My mistake and your previous comparision would be correct, I must read more throughly. As a side note, Streamlight actually stopped making the original JR. and replaced it with the JR Luxeon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts