Defensive Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the end of the year, I plan to set up an NFA Trust to buy a short barrel rifle and a suppressor. Since I want my wife to be able to have this item in her possession if I am not around, it's my understanding that an NFA trust is the best way to purchase these items. I understand that by then, the Hearing Protection Act may eliminate the need for a tax stamp to purchase the suppressor, but the SBR issue probably won't be resolved by then.

Has anyone here used nfalawyers.com, or another on-line NFA trust service? If so, I would be interested in hearing your opinions?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
10,934 Posts
I did my trust through capitol armory's website and it was pretty simple.It gets the job done so Im happy with it. They dont use these same people though so I dont know how their trust is.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I used 199guntrust.com . Accurate forms and quick delivery. Great price.

Though the new NFA rules make a trust less of a benefit, at least for class 3 items. The primary purpose of ours is for probate purposes. Mrs Thin, my best friend, and my self are all in it. So if something happens to any of us, the items in the trust, including non-NFA items, can transfer directly to them without any problem.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The primary purpose of ours is for probate purposes. Mrs Thin, my best friend, and my self are all in it. So if something happens to any of us, the items in the trust, including non-NFA items, can transfer directly to them without any problem.
We already have a family trust for our "estate." My bigger concern is possession of the Class 3 weapons, particularly if I were to die before my wife (which is likely), or if my wife needs to transport the weapon for some unforeseen reason.

Reactions: Ianthin

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
Make sure that if you use on online "Trust" setup that it is compliant with the laws of the state that you are in.

I've known of a few cases where state law required that a Trust be registered at the local Courthouse and the owner of the Trust didn't know that. They thought that their Trust was compliant, when in fact it was not. The BATFE has no sense of humor about that stuff.

When dealing with guns, especially NFA stuff don't assume anything, make sure all the bases are covered.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure that if you use on online "Trust" setup that it is compliant with the laws of the state that you are in.
I've known of a few cases where state law required that a Trust be registered at the local Courthouse and the owner of the Trust didn't know that. They thought that their Trust was compliant, when in fact it was not. The BATFE has no sense of humor about that stuff.
When dealing with guns, especially NFA stuff don't assume anything, make sure all the bases are covered.
Good to know! Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts