Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found it under a glass counter in a window glass store locally, and the owner copied it for me .. Its an open letter to the general pubic from a CCW permit holder... Starts with this sentence..
"I stand behind you at the store with a smile on my face."

it ends with- "There is evil in the world and if evil has a gun, I will have one too"..

Only reason I didn't post the entire thing is because it might be old from years ago, and has been posted here a billion times.. if not, I would be happy to write it out, its a very cool one paragraph read that every single person that carries will applaud.. I just wasn't sure it hasn't been seen here a thousand time.. Might just be a local thing, and if so, I know you folks will love it.. Please let me know... bob

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
open letter to those that do not carry

I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face,,and a gun under my shirt and you are none the wiser.
Yet you are safer having me next to you. I won't shoot you. my gun won't pull its own trigger,it is securely holstered with the trigger covered-it can't just "go off".
However, rest assured that if a lunatic walks into our grocery store, our movie theater,or our gas station and pulls out a rifle with intent to do us harm,
I will draw my pistol and protect myself and my family and therefore protect you and your family. I may freeze up,I may get shot before I can pull the trigger,
but I won't die in a helpless blubbering heap on the floor begging for my life or my child's life. I will not be that victim. I have made that choice.
As for you, i do not ask you to carry a gun nor will i ever lobby politicians to write laws forcing you to do so.
Therefore, if you are not comfortable,please don't, but I would like to keep my right to choose to not be a helpless victim so please stop voting for politicians
who wish to take that right away from me. if I can in any way help you make an informed gun purchase, receive training, sharpen your existing skills,
or even just be an ear to hear your fears and concerns about guns, I am here for you.
There is evil in the world and if evil has a gun, I will have one too........

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there's a little "community" paper around here, and locals can call in with a complaint or concern about anything that happens in the community and it will get a little blurb in the paper... Someone caught a glimpse of a gun that someone was carrying , perhaps it imprinted, not sure.. This person was outraged, and wanted the person carrying they were not welcome in the community, and were not welcome to patronize local businesses, as people that wore guns were not wanted here.. this is in a small upstate town, over 225 miles from NYC, where its not too hard to get a CC permit.
It may have been a response to that blurb in the local paper, not sure.... It is a nice little response to the scaredy cats among us that are fearful of guns, just because... bob

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
And that is what it all boils down to, we won't be helpless. We won't scream and cry and wait for the shot. To all of you politicians, interest groups, think tanks and people who just want it your way, when you restrict my right to defend myself with a weapon, you are telling me that my life is not as important as your goals. How dare you. Will you say that to your wife when she tells you she was raped? Your child when a deeply disturbed person invades their school and ends the lives of his or her classmates? You sir or madam are not God, you do not get to choose whose life and whose liberty is less important than yours.

You can outlaw anything you desire, but a weapon is a mere creative thought away. And while I am alive on this earth, you will not take away my right and ability to defend myself and my family. Write your laws, quote your statistics and parade as many victims in front of the White House as you please. If I am ever attacked, even if I die in the fight, I shall provide you with an extra victim to add to your numbers. My country won its freedom with citizens carrying guns, regardless of how many protests and speeches the media covers, my country will keep and use its guns to stay free.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Feels a little ham-handed to me, but the sentiment is good.

·
Premium Member
36,786 Posts
And that is what it all boils down to, we won't be helpless. We won't scream and cry and wait for the shot. To all of you politicians, interest groups, think tanks and people who just want it your way, when you restrict my right to defend myself with a weapon, you are telling me that my life is not as important as your goals. How dare you. Will you say that to your wife when she tells you she was raped? Your child when a deeply disturbed person invades their school and ends the lives of his or her classmates? You sir or madam are not God, you do not get to choose whose life and whose liberty is less important than yours.

You can outlaw anything you desire, but a weapon is a mere creative thought away. And while I am alive on this earth, you will not take away my right and ability to defend myself and my family. Write your laws, quote your statistics and parade as many victims in front of the White House as you please. If I am ever attacked, even if I die in the fight, I shall provide you with an extra victim to add to your numbers. My country won its freedom with citizens carrying guns, regardless of how many protests and speeches the media covers, my country will keep and use its guns to stay free.
The difference between a citizen and a subject...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
That is the reality of it! Do it...or choose not to do it....but leave OUR 2nd Amendment alone, to do its good work.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Sadly, many in America prefer the latter.
I don't think that's the case really. I think, and of course this is merely an opinion, that what has happened is that political correctness and social justice "warriors" have successfully changed the very definition of freedom. It's no longer the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Freedom has come to mean saying and acting as you please, when and where you please. It's come to mean that, if your ideas and thoughts do not match up to theirs, they can get their way simply by having the freedom to take you before a judge that agrees with them.

It's extremely heart breaking to see what has happened. If your child pulls any number of religious books out of his or her backpack at school, they'll be left in peace. But should it happen to be a bible, they are getting expelled. Wear a shirt with a rainbow or "mexican" flag, you're good to go. Wear one with the American flag and you're suddenly offending people. Don't believe in gay marriage or simply don't care one way or the other? Too bad, now get in front of an audience and tell them you've come to an understanding and you were being naive like a good little sheep. Do you like taking a sunny, clear Saturday in May and heading off to the range for a little "me time"? You have an evil mind and a black heart and we're just waiting for you to shoot up a night club. We know you will, you have one of those sickening black rifles.

Sometimes I wonder if our founding fathers, or even our grandparents who flew in freezing cold conditions over Nazi Germany, walked the jungles of the Philippines, or sat in a POW camp anywhere in the world during any war would still have the desire to fight if they could or do see how we've spit in their faces. How would they feel about nearly unraveling everything they did to keep our flag flying high and tyrants from imposing their will upon us? Would the signers of the Declaration of Independence simply sail back to England and say "You know what, our bad, we'll just stay put."?

I'll stop there because I'm sure I've managed to offend somebody :biggrin2:

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Dave909....Indeed, you may have. But the truth will set us free.

Edit: I hope you don't mind. I copied your post #6 and #12 and pasted them together along with the citizen or subject line in between. Makes for a very good read for my kids, grand kids, and great grand kids when they get old enough to appreciate such thoughts. Thanks

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Dave909....Indeed, you may have. But the truth will set us free.
*shrug* I never set out to intentionally offend, people should be allowed to live their lives the way they want. A lot of people died for that right. I guess I just don't bow down or toe the line when it comes to what I think is right and wrong.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
*shrug* I never set out to intentionally offend, people should be allowed to live their lives the way they want. A lot of people died for that right. I guess I just don't bow down or toe the line when it comes to what I think is right and wrong.
I don't believe you did. :smile: I pray there are many of us who believe as you do. Our country will not survive on the current path. Just my opinion.

Reactions: bigdogtx

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I don't think that's the case really. I think, and of course this is merely an opinion, that what has happened is that political correctness and social justice "warriors" have successfully changed the very definition of freedom. It's no longer the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Freedom has come to mean saying and acting as you please, when and where you please. It's come to mean that, if your ideas and thoughts do not match up to theirs, they can get their way simply by having the freedom to take you before a judge that agrees with them.

It's extremely heart breaking to see what has happened. If your child pulls any number of religious books out of his or her backpack at school, they'll be left in peace. But should it happen to be a bible, they are getting expelled. Wear a shirt with a rainbow or "mexican" flag, you're good to go. Wear one with the American flag and you're suddenly offending people. Don't believe in gay marriage or simply don't care one way or the other? Too bad, now get in front of an audience and tell them you've come to an understanding and you were being naive like a good little sheep. Do you like taking a sunny, clear Saturday in May and heading off to the range for a little "me time"? You have an evil mind and a black heart and we're just waiting for you to shoot up a night club. We know you will, you have one of those sickening black rifles.

Sometimes I wonder if our founding fathers, or even our grandparents who flew in freezing cold conditions over Nazi Germany, walked the jungles of the Philippines, or sat in a POW camp anywhere in the world during any war would still have the desire to fight if they could or do see how we've spit in their faces. How would they feel about nearly unraveling everything they did to keep our flag flying high and tyrants from imposing their will upon us? Would the signers of the Declaration of Independence simply sail back to England and say "You know what, our bad, we'll just stay put."?

I'll stop there because I'm sure I've managed to offend somebody :biggrin2:
Not offended at all. Heck, it would be fun to share a beer with you.

Where I live you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a big government koolaid drinking leftist who isn't interested in personal success or accountability. They'd like nothing more than to take our rights away at the barrel of a government gun, however they can. The divide is only going to grow.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Not offended at all. Heck, it would be fun to share a beer with you.

Where I live you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a big government koolaid drinking leftist who isn't interested in personal success or accountability. They'd like nothing more than to take our rights away at the barrel of a government gun, however they can. The divide is only going to grow.
That's what I'm afraid of. There's going to come a time when all of the racial, sexuality, religious and Constitutional issues are going to come to a boiling point. And when that happens, it's not at all out of the realm of possibility that we'll be facing another Civil War. Even police officers can't do their job anymore without seriously risking their careers over prejudicial and "brutality" accusations.

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
That's what I'm afraid of. There's going to come a time when all of the racial, sexuality, religious and Constitutional issues are going to come to a boiling point. And when that happens, it's not at all out of the realm of possibility that we'll be facing another Civil War. Even police officers can't do their job anymore without seriously risking their careers over prejudicial and "brutality" accusations.
At least when it gets to that point, we will be on the side of the war that is armed, and therefore better off.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At least when it gets to that point, we will be on the side of the war that is armed, and therefore better off.
Possibly.. However throughout world history, military personal of all nations have shown they will fire on their own civilians if ordered, and without hesitation.. Our handguns and hunting rifles will not fare well against an M1A1 Abrams. Hopefully we never see that day in our great nation. Meantime, "Joey" whoever he is wherever he is, made some good points.. Not an expert writer, but he got his points across quite well... bob

1 - 20 of 25 Posts