Defensive Carry banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
No, me and the wife have been on social isolation for some time now and don't plan on being anywhere where there could be more than normal trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
No change in my carry routine so far.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
You EDC is more than I expected when I clicked this thread. :congrats:

I've carried a Glock 19/23 + spare mag minimum regardless of location or time of day for awhile, frequently bigger (Glock 20SF/35/41) but not smaller.

If I had to defend myself, a Glock 19/23 is the minimum I'd want in hand, wherever.
In other words, there is nowhere I'd rather defend myself with a 38 snub or 380 than a Glock 19/23 and I carry accordingly.
Anticipated threat? Yes, I anticipate that I'd rather defend myself against a threat(s) with a Glock 19/23 than anything lesser.

There is also a PM9 as a 2nd option* in my weak hand front pocket.
*Option to put my hand on it without revealing I'm carrying and/or quickly access a pistol with my weak hand; neither of which is afforded by the Glock thats IWB.

So, no I've not increased my carry due to recent events. I was already doing it right.
Just curious how you feel that you can defend yourself with 31 round of 9mm but have no chance with 21 if you carried a G26
Not what I said, I didn't mention a Glock 26.
I have a Glock 26, but I like the 19 grip better, and shoot it better (quicker); the 26 would be a fine pick under a 10 round limit, but I aint under a 10 round limit.
Under a 10 round limit, Glock 26/27/30SF - top picks.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I have not changed what I carry, but over the weekend I took my AR out of the safe for the first time for a purpose that was not taking it to the range or cleaning it. Usually, I just keep my house pistol, carry pistol and shotgun loaded and readily available. Last weekend with looting and assaults/robberies going on in Northwest DC, about 6 miles from my house, I decided to have the AR ready to use before I went to sleep

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I now keep an AR-15 in my Jeep while driving which of course comes in the house overnight.
I wish I had an understanding domestic situation like you apparently have. My wife would NEVER let me keep a Jeep in the house.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Not what I said, I didn't mention a Glock 26.
I have a Glock 26, but I like the 19 grip better, and shoot it better (quicker); the 26 would be a fine pick under a 10 round limit, but I aint under a 10 round limit.
Under a 10 round limit, Glock 26/27/30SF - top picks.
We don't have a mag limit either but I do not feel unprepared with a G26 at all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have dropped my Shield 9mm from the EDC list due to it only being 8+1 and have gone to my Springfield Mod 2 SC 9mm because it is either 13+1 or 16+1. It definitely weighs more than the Shield. I see that as the only drawback. I would love to get a P365 or Hellcat though.

Joe

·
Registered
114 Posts
The only change I’ve made was to buy everyone in my immediate family a couple of fresh cans of Sabre Pepper spray. Fox brand seems sold out everywhere I looked online. I also talked to them about how to use the spray, hold and spray the canister and take a side step as them spray an attacker and try to get away since the purpose of using the spray is simply to get away from an attacker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have only added extra "mag's" to store inside my truck. I have always carried at least 2 handguns in my vehicle / on my person, with at least one "long gun" (either a riot 12 ga. or a AR semi-auto or both) in my tool box. I don't consider that to be paranoid, just prepared.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Living in the city, I have thought about this question. Not concerned about a protest mob...that’s easy to avoid. Just heightened situational awareness for opportunistic criminals.
Yes, I should clarify my OP:
I'm not worried about protesters at all. I'm specifically worried about loosely organized groups of organized criminals using the protests (which I feel are VERY important) as cover for theft and violence.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've thought about keeping an AR, shotgun, or pistol caliber carbine in the trunk while I'm out, which of course I'd bring back inside when home. But I've wondered with it getting warmer in the summer, would the heat be a threat to the ammo or integrity of the firearm?

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
an AR is traveling with me now.

·
Super Moderator
19,238 Posts
I've thought about keeping an AR, shotgun, or pistol caliber carbine in the trunk while I'm out, which of course I'd bring back inside when home. But I've wondered with it getting warmer in the summer, would the heat be a threat to the ammo or integrity of the firearm?
Unlikely. Ammo will be fine, just check your gun's lube weekly - based on 17+ years of experience in the AZ desert.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts