Defensive Carry banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
I added a truck gun......15+1 on me and 22+1 pistol for the truck gun..Im contemplating changing that to an small AR instead,the sight of a rifle seems to make the Antifa kids run like ants

·
Registered
985 Posts
Your usually not very funny, but that had me laughing!

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
Living just 50 miles from Minneapolis, I tinkered with the idea of carrying a gun that carried 16 rounds of 9mm (including the one in the chamber). Yesterday, however, I traveled to Minneapolis and
probably out of habit, put a 5" 1911 in a shoulder holster but added a 3" 1911 on my hip. 1911's are a hard habit to break.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I haven't changed anything locally. But we have traveled out of state twice in the last 4 weeks. I carried my usual EDC and a spare mag, but I also took an extra handgun and spare mag for my wife, as well. You just never know.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
How many "reasonable fear of imminent death" circumstances have there been as a result of the reportedly widespread chaos and mayhem? Round count doesn't matter if the standard is not met. Wouldn't we already have examples of good guys shooting mayhem makers, if fear of imminent death was part of the outcomes of the reports?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I had already stopped carrying compact pistols, because they hurt my aging hands. I last fired my G19 pistols, during a duty pistol qual in 2017, after which my right thumb and wrist were painfully swollen, for about a week. Training with a G17 does NOT, in my case, equal skill with a G19. So, I now carry pistols with full-length, non-rounded grips, so that the weapon stabilizes against the “heel bone” of my weapon hand, for pain-free training. G17. All-steel 1911. Medium/Large revolvers. So, at the concealed-handgun level, I had already up-gunned, before 2020.

Second guns have tended to be part of my life, since the Eighties. This diminished, somewhat, after I retired from policing, in 2018, but 2020 has seen the return of the second gun, as a normal thing.

Spare ammo? Over the years, my spare ammo load-out has varied. In these recent interesting times, yes, I do tend to bring a bit more spare ammo.

I had already tended to up-gun, on road trips, with a long gun, or a longer-barreled revolver, carried as a “bag gun.” Well, I am now more likely to bring the bag gun, on shorter trips.

·
Registered
223 Posts
380 LCP has been relegated to the safe.

When walking the dog or around the neighborhood I'm carrying my 442 with laser.

When heading out of the neighborhood I'm carrying either my 9mm Shield (8+1) or my 9mm MC2c (13+1).
Actually carrying the MC2c more than the shield.

I'm also carrying almost all the time.
I live in a semi-rural area so I'm not expecting BLM or ANTIFA to show up near me but. . . The slim 9mms are pretty easy to carry, so it's an easy upgrade.

I also always carry at least 1 reload for whatever I'm carrying. Usually 2 or 3 speed strips if I'm carrying the 442.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I haven't changed anything locally. But we have traveled out of state twice in the last 4 weeks. I carried my usual EDC and a spare mag, but I also took an extra handgun and spare mag for my wife, as well. You just never know.
I am right there with you. When I decided to start carrying my slightly bigger XD Mod 2 with 16+1, the Shield with 8+1 and an additional mag for it became the wife's car gun.

Joe

101 - 111 of 111 Posts