Defensive Carry banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
I added a truck gun......15+1 on me and 22+1 pistol for the truck gun..Im contemplating changing that to an small AR instead,the sight of a rifle seems to make the Antifa kids run like ants

·
Registered
995 Posts
Your usually not very funny, but that had me laughing!

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
Living just 50 miles from Minneapolis, I tinkered with the idea of carrying a gun that carried 16 rounds of 9mm (including the one in the chamber). Yesterday, however, I traveled to Minneapolis and
probably out of habit, put a 5" 1911 in a shoulder holster but added a 3" 1911 on my hip. 1911's are a hard habit to break.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I haven't changed anything locally. But we have traveled out of state twice in the last 4 weeks. I carried my usual EDC and a spare mag, but I also took an extra handgun and spare mag for my wife, as well. You just never know.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
How many "reasonable fear of imminent death" circumstances have there been as a result of the reportedly widespread chaos and mayhem? Round count doesn't matter if the standard is not met. Wouldn't we already have examples of good guys shooting mayhem makers, if fear of imminent death was part of the outcomes of the reports?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I had already stopped carrying compact pistols, because they hurt my aging hands. I last fired my G19 pistols, during a duty pistol qual in 2017, after which my right thumb and wrist were painfully swollen, for about a week. Training with a G17 does NOT, in my case, equal skill with a G19. So, I now carry pistols with full-length, non-rounded grips, so that the weapon stabilizes against the “heel bone” of my weapon hand, for pain-free training. G17. All-steel 1911. Medium/Large revolvers. So, at the concealed-handgun level, I had already up-gunned, before 2020.

Second guns have tended to be part of my life, since the Eighties. This diminished, somewhat, after I retired from policing, in 2018, but 2020 has seen the return of the second gun, as a normal thing.

Spare ammo? Over the years, my spare ammo load-out has varied. In these recent interesting times, yes, I do tend to bring a bit more spare ammo.

I had already tended to up-gun, on road trips, with a long gun, or a longer-barreled revolver, carried as a “bag gun.” Well, I am now more likely to bring the bag gun, on shorter trips.

·
Registered
229 Posts
380 LCP has been relegated to the safe.

When walking the dog or around the neighborhood I'm carrying my 442 with laser.

When heading out of the neighborhood I'm carrying either my 9mm Shield (8+1) or my 9mm MC2c (13+1).
Actually carrying the MC2c more than the shield.

I'm also carrying almost all the time.
I live in a semi-rural area so I'm not expecting BLM or ANTIFA to show up near me but. . . The slim 9mms are pretty easy to carry, so it's an easy upgrade.

I also always carry at least 1 reload for whatever I'm carrying. Usually 2 or 3 speed strips if I'm carrying the 442.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I haven't changed anything locally. But we have traveled out of state twice in the last 4 weeks. I carried my usual EDC and a spare mag, but I also took an extra handgun and spare mag for my wife, as well. You just never know.
I am right there with you. When I decided to start carrying my slightly bigger XD Mod 2 with 16+1, the Shield with 8+1 and an additional mag for it became the wife's car gun.

Joe

·
Registered
405 Posts
Not living near one of those areas in the news, I can speak with the clarity of someone who doesn't have to make that choice. So given that, my answer goes back to the premise of do you arm differently in places of different perceived threats? I bet most of us would say there is no 100% "safe" place, so you better arm as if there is a threat.

I am quite comfortable with my EDC system - snubby as prime and a backup single stack 9 - as the best choice for my daily life. Even these days.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
the trial of Floyd officers is in March. There could be yuuuuge riots nationwide if the aggressive charges cannot be proven in court, or even if they are only convicted of lesser charges. I'm surprised there are still some violent flareups going on especially in liberal urban cities, and can pop up at any time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We simply do not reside in what is referred to as a population center. Do we have have minorities as part of our community, yes we do. Have there been problems none more so than previously, no there have not been noted problems. Outside agitators, we haven't had those individuals yet either. Is there the possibility of change yes under all things are possible. My EDC is a S&W 9X19mm Shield, that's not going to change unless there is some earth shaking event. I must say we did have a Earth Quake. we felt the tremor and a couple days later an aftershock. Life has returned to normal.

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
Not changed what I carry. But it has changed where I go. I'm working remotely due to CV, and I see no reason to return to midtown Atlanta anytime soon. Especially in the evening.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I used to think my 1911 Commander that I usually carry, along with an additional single stack, would be sufficient in mostly all scenarios. Now I carry a .40sw G23 with two spare double stacks. I'm thinking that 40ish rounds will suffice to fend off a multi-target attack of the likes we currently see. I'll continue to carry the second option until things change.

·
Registered
341 Posts
No change really, live in a rural area, the biggest threat comes from meth fueled locals who weren't all that intelligent or stable even before the meth.

Louisville is the closest city, had to travel to the downtown are a few weeks ago which involved walking a short bit and using a parking garage, carried my HK USP Compact. Saw nothing of protesters or rioters though the "hotspot" wasn't all that far away.

Everyone knows what side of that city to avoid, even though the city officials go out of their way to gloss over the "problem." And now, no spectators at the Kentucky Derby. Wow. Millions of bucks lost I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
greetings...

here in rural cheezconsin... we are an hour from milwhackee and an hour from madwhackison...

we used to carry a 10 round reload when heading out of our area... now we carry a 12 round reload always... even when watching the indy 500 on the tv... watching james yeager on the youtoob... and when cutting the grass...

too much whack too close...

azj

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have not changed how or what I carry, I have changed my mindset slightly.
I always have a Ruger LCP II in my pocket and I admit if I was just running up the street for some lawn mower gas or a pack of hot dog buns, I would not grab a bigger gun. That does not happen any more.
At the very least if I am in the middle of mowing the lawn and have to run just up the street to get gas, my P365 goes in my pocket in a sticky holster. I usually carry it OWB but for a quick run in I still have 13 rounds and 12 more in the truck!

101 - 120 of 120 Posts